Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getnpsi
    replied
    I finally installed the energy suspension sway bar bushings with little spacer that I bought from another number I can punch the gas coming out of a turn with confidence and it does seem to suck up bumps just slightly better. Really has made a difference on a road full of ruts and stuff. I have NOT even change my suspension yet. I also think that my driver side now sits higher so if you think your frame is bent you should check your sway bar bushings considering the sway bar is half of the front of a festiva in essence.
    Last edited by getnpsi; 12-29-2013, 01:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    That's kool man, hope all are having a good holiday season.
    Thanks! We did, and it wasn't planned to be a "minimeet" although it worked out that way! Just most of our friends and family drive Festivas! Smedleys Lucky wasn't in this pic either

I hope you had a good one, too, Jack! We need to hang out soon!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    What it says is 0w-30 , 5w-30 , 10w-30, etc are all the same at operating temp. Ofcourse 20w 50 & heavier oils are thicker . We are talkin about Festys. Sorry Iwas not percise, hoped you'd read the artical, its interesting.
    The viscosity of an oil could be reported at any temperature, but to standardize things, most laboratories report either a low temp (100F or 40C) or a high temp (210F or 100C) and stick with either SUS or cSt. The standardized temperature reading allows us to compare apples to apples for judging the thickness of the oil. At Blackstone, we report the viscosity at 210F SUS, which is about the operating temperature of your engine when it's warmed up and running.

Most labs test at both. I have done over a hundred of them.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    My driver's side wheel is hitting the fender on bumps now. Running 175-70-13s. Starting to think the frame is bent a bit.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    I notice the difference immediately between my cut rio struts and ex gf's stock Festiva struts in steering effort. I had to get an alignment of course, but the difference is greatest at parking lot speeds

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Put the old struts back on.

I can tell you 100% there is almost zero difference in steering effort between the washer, and bearing tops...
    I wondered about that. I just couldn't see them making that much difference. Will still put them on every car just because of the quality factor.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Had a mini meet for our traditional xmas dinner!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
    That's kool man, hope all are having a good holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Put the old struts back on.

I can tell you 100% there is almost zero difference in steering effort between the washer, and bearing tops.

Ride height is now back to normal, and so is the steering geometry. Ride quality has taken a bit of a hit though, but that is because they have like 313k miles on them.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    What it says is 0w-30 , 5w-30 , 10w-30, etc are all the same at operating temp. Ofcourse 20w 50 & heavier oils are thicker . We are talkin about Festys. Sorry Iwas not percise, hoped you'd read the artical, its interesting.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    Read "Bob is the oil guy", google it. All oil is the same at operateing temp. Just different at startup, where you need the thinner oil .
    I'd believe that, except our old 332hd, used 25/50.

Wouldn't hold safe oil pressure when hot. Granted it was worn out, but proof heavier oil is thicker when @ operating temperature.

Sorry, I'll believe the manual pressure gauge before a Web document.

I I'll agree a good new tight engine can use thin oil safely , anything heavier then needed, or unable to pump past clearances, will push relief open and dump back into pan . not to mention eat ponies.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
    Last edited by jason_; 12-27-2013, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Today i took the srt-4 battery out of my festiva so i could move it. Put festiva battery back in festiva. Originally i thought the festy battery failed but a wire had come off the positive terminal causing a no power issue. Battery sat 4 months in garage and still fired car right up. YAY two good batteries for the winter, that never happens. Don't mock my overnight low 40F winter it still makes batteries die. Went to lowes, got some nylon tubing and some fittings for the gauges but they are still not installed, the thought that counts I guess. Overall nothing got done but my garage is clean, did some tool organizing, talked myself out of new storage box @lowes because i made room.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Yanked out the Planet Audio dvd headunit and put the basic Pioneer CD/AUX headunit back in.

Much better sound quality, and not as finicky.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    If you are still running 50 50 coolant I would go up to like 80 or 85 percent coolant remember race cars use a lot more water than antifreeze to dissipate heat. try doing it backwards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    When I had more money than brains, I used to run straight 20 in the winter and 30 in the summer. Now 10W30 multigrade all the time.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Read "Bob is the oil guy", google it. All oil is the same at operateing temp. Just different at startup, where you need the thinner oil .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X