Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David88
    replied
    ^Nice. Those pipes are fun to put on. Big improvement for a little work.

Well it finally happened... I broke the gas cap off its tether on my yellow car.
    Last edited by David88; 02-09-2015, 11:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dalebwilson
    replied
    Replaced this:

With this:

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    They actually stick out about .5mm . That is stock, I didn't deck this block at all.

I got the head mounted, fuel lines are in and I reinstalled the steering rack. Should be dropping this engine into Pedro Tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Charlie, the pistons look fairly flush with the deck, is this stock height or did you get the block decked.

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    Today was HUGE! I finally got my car on the frame rack at work and had help pulling out my right side quarter.......it was worse than we thought, the rail was twisted which I believe was the reason for my vibration issue. So we got the quarter all pulled out and mudded it up a bit......that was the biggest issue I have with the body work....the rest is all small potatoes in comparison. Yes!

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

I modified the stock engine mount to clear the b6d timing cover and drop the engine 1/2". This works with 1 3/8" long spacers that go between the block and stock Festiva mount bracket.
    Beautiful as we have come to expect....:thumbs_up:

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied

Last night I put the short block together for Pedro. I intended to have the pan and head bolted on too, but I forgot the pan gasket at work and the Kia head bolts I bought weren't the right ones. I've got a set of ARP studs in storage and I'll swing by work today and get that gasket. My goal is to drop this engine in Pedro on Sunday. Fingers are crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by drddan View Post
    I like checking out stuff in backgrounds of pics...

Lets see ...Digital calipers: check! - Shaviv deburr tool: check! - Nitrile gloves to keep the hands clean: check! - Diagonal pliers: check! - Safety glasses: check!

Where's the tig welder?

This pic could have been taken at my job!

I agree...nice welds
    Thanks Dan! The welder lives behind me.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

Welded an O2 bung on to Pedro's down pipe. This will be where the wide band sensor will live while I'm tuning the car.
    I like checking out stuff in backgrounds of pics...

Lets see ...Digital calipers: check! - Shaviv deburr tool: check! - Nitrile gloves to keep the hands clean: check! - Diagonal pliers: check! - Safety glasses: check!

Where's the tig welder?

This pic could have been taken at my job!

I agree...nice welds

Leave a comment:

• bolokid
    replied
    Put new rear KYB struts on the rear of the 93. Starting to prepare for Westiva and then Madness.
    Last edited by bolokid; 02-06-2015, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Working on putting rebuilt calipers on Red Car. Seems the old caliper on drivers side is stuck. Done wore out my brake pads on that side! Pass side is 80 percent pads left on there still. The drivers side was down to about 1/32 pad left. :shock:

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
    nice welds!
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Charlie, that gives me an idea for my front mount with the B6T mounted in the stock location.
    Yeah, this mount should keep the engine in the stock location, but .5" lower, for more hood clearance. I'm using spacers under the tranny crossmember. I'll post more info in Pedro the Festivas build thread. I'm building the engine tonight if all goes to plan.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Charlie, that gives me an idea for my front mount with the B6T mounted in the stock location.

Leave a comment:

• nonamekid
    replied
    nice welds!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied

I modified the stock engine mount to clear the b6d timing cover and drop the engine 1/2". This works with 1 3/8" long spacers that go between the block and stock Festiva mount bracket.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X