Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike
    replied
    Nope, in the front. If I make a full-lock turn (say in a parking lot), I hear some rubbing. Just had an Aspire rack put on (but Festiva tie rods), then an alignment. It rubs turning either direction.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    In the rear? There are some bumper support tabs you can bend out of the way unless it's your offset that makes them rub on the perch

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Bought a set of 175/70-13s off of tires-easy a few days ago. Imperial Snowdragon 2s; $38 each shipped to my door. Just put them on the automatic, fantastic ride, though I doubt they'll survive 40k miles with how soft of tread they have.

I've only had 155/80s on my cars, didn't realize 175s would rub slightly. Ah well, they look great.

Leave a comment:

• dalebwilson
    replied
    Replaced the right front wheel bearings on my 93GL. Left side is next when the weather is nice. Quitened the car down a lot.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    synchronizer?
    probably, but I hope not.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    synchronizer?

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I did put my shortshifter back in yesterday as well.

Also I noticed on the transmission I just swapped in last week, that sometimes when I shift into second I get kind of a crunch. =/ At first I thought it was the stock shifter because I used too small of a bolt, so it was pretty sloppy, but after I put in the much stiffer shortshifter back in I still get that crunch into second occasionally.

I might drain out the Pennzoil synchromesh, and put in the Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF I picked up for cheap. I really don't want to because that synchromesh stuff was kinda expensive. If I do drain it, I will make sure whatever I drain it into is clean, and store it in case I want to put it back in. lol XD

Might just be the cold temperatures.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-01-2015, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    There is a pin holding the inner tie rod in (in case you didn't know that). It is next to the area where you would put a wrench on the tie rod to unscrew it. To get to it, you will have to turn the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other; then you can see it and knock it out with something appropriate. Then the tie rod should unscrew pretty easily.
    Ahh that would explain it. Thanks!

Going to have to be on my next day off though since I already put it all back together so I can go hang out with some friends for new years.

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Well got one tie-rod end on, but the passenger side is completely seized to the inner.

Also the inner tie-rod refuses to break free from the steering rack, the one place where with all that grease I wouldn't even think it would want to seize up.

Any tricks someone might know for stubborn inner/outer tie-rods? I was just going to remove the inner with the outer still attached, and let it sit overnight soaking in a mix of ATF and acetone, but like I said, it just refuses to budge.
    There is a pin holding the inner tie rod in (in case you didn't know that). It is next to the area where you would put a wrench on the tie rod to unscrew it. To get to it, you will have to turn the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other; then you can see it and knock it out with something appropriate. Then the tie rod should unscrew pretty easily.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Well got one tie-rod end on, but the passenger side is completely seized to the inner.

Also the inner tie-rod refuses to break free from the steering rack, the one place where with all that grease I wouldn't even think it would want to seize up.

Any tricks someone might know for stubborn inner/outer tie-rods? I was just going to remove the inner with the outer still attached, and let it sit overnight soaking in a mix of ATF and acetone, but like I said, it just refuses to budge.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Noticed today when looking acrossed the parking lot at the front of my Festy that the front end alignment doesn't look right. Camber looks way off on one side, luckily I don't think there is much wrong with the toe because I haven't had any abnormal tire wear.

Going to put the tierod ends on tomorrow that 1990new sent me, check for inner tierod play, and then sometime soon bring it to a shop to get an alignment.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Use caution! Titanium is combustable, especially in a liquid state, and it's nasty stuff when you start it on fire. lol
    So the already flammable oil is more flammable with the addition of Titanium. lol

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Use caution! Titanium is combustable, especially in a liquid state, and it's nasty stuff when you start it on fire. lol
    Soooooo Charlie....what plans do you have for your two Festivas? What have you done to them so far?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    My Festiva is going to love me for a long while after my next oil change. Picked up more high quality oil for her today for $1/quart plus my autozoner discount. Picked up 19 quarts of Kendall GT-1 Synblend with Titanium, 10 quarts of it are 10w-30 for the warmer months, and 9 quarts of it are 5w-30 for the cooler months. Granted 10w-30 is just fine as long as it doesn't get below zero which it rarely does in Ohio. No more Walmart or Mejier brand for my car for a while, though she is going to be spoiled rotten once she has to go back. :p

Also picked up 7 quarts of Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF for $1/quart, normally $10/quart. 2 Quarts of Valvoline Dextron ATF (Might just use it for crankcase cleaning. Also 1 quart of Valvoline Dex/Merc for $1.

So yeah everyone, check all you local Autozones, and you might be able to find these deals too. Look specifically for the Kendall, and Valvoline, and Castrol stuff. Some stores already don't even have a space on the shelf anymore for Kendall. The Mobile 1 ATF is coming out with a new formula as well, but I have only seen the new stuff in only 1 Autozone in my area so far, and some stores still have the old stuff, but don't have it clearanced yet.

I know almost ever single Autozone I have been to on my routes has the Valvoline ATF fluids on clearance, but most of it has been bought up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X