Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icedawg
    replied
    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Huh? Did you try the swap or something?
    No no just jokin' around. I picked up the V6 at Pic n Pull a few years ago as a spare for my kid's MX3, should they ever fully grenade it. They did try, low oil, run without an alternator water belt, etc, but it is still running. They moved to Vancouver, and I don't have storage for this block anymore, so I sent it to the wrecker to increase the chassis weight. I found it one half price weekend, already pulled so someone could get the tranny and I thought why not, so I bought it. I did harvest a few parts of it over time, but a 300,000 km Pic n Pull engine is really just a core, and I am not going to get use out of it. Your swap is well beyond my ability to convince friends who can weld to help me with.

Leave a comment:

• Icedawg
    replied
    ^^^^ Ooohh eeeee that looks very sweet, it even seems to fit reasonably. Where did you source the BPT and hardware?

Leave a comment:

• b1gballin
    replied
    Had a successful first start of the bpt on MSPNP!

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    puts it right in my hand when driving

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    Cup holder installed!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Got the B6 and trans out for the SECOND time, Trans was grenaded preeeeeeeeeeeeety good. There are FOUR SEPARATE HOLES in the trans case, all 1sqin or larger.

Week or so and it should be back on the road

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    That is worse than watching a horror flick. I think I am going to have nightmares tonight!

Leave a comment:

• Brennan O
    replied
    Ripped out the carpet, it was moldy and destroying my allergies. New on the way, should be here in a day or two. STOKED!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied

Oh the feels.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
    Could not get that Mazda MX3 V6 engine into the bay though, would've needed damkid for that!
    Huh? Did you try the swap or something?

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Oh oh, two more bite the dust.....RUIDD:

Leave a comment:

• Icedawg
    replied
    ditto neanderPaul

We stripped the car last winter, took the cage out last spring, and finally took it in for scrap this fall. Filled it with enough bits to get it to 2000 lbs. Could not get that Mazda MX3 V6 engine into the bay though, would've needed damkid for that!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied

Finished it off.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Put on some smoothie taillights, and fixed a noise the rear strut was making, turns out I put the metal disc thing on wrong iand it was rubbing the inside of the strut tower. Also while the struts were disconnected I put some antiseize on the lower bolts.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Put the ebrake bracket that attaches to the gas tank back on so the cable is no longer flopping around on the beam, and zip tied the brake hoses to the beam until I can get aspire hoses, since those were flopping around causing noise too (Nobody seemed to mention that the Festy ones are too big for the aspire beam) So I didn't take them. Then again, I didn't read and writeups because it was so simple.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X