Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Washed out my gas tank today, it had a bunch of old dried up gas residue in it. Getting ready to install my walbro 255 pump.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    ^ it's all good. Trust me your not the first for me to argue with about this. Been doing it for years.

Like you, I'm going back on topic. I was able to roll my windows up quickly enough (thanks Freshtiva) to avoid getting rained on. In Ohio there is usually about a 3 minute warning of such activities. I didn't heed it.

So, I guess I rolled my windows up.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Alright, didn't mean to cause a ruckus and I apologize for 'giving stereos a bad name'.

I know how annoying systems are, I have plenty that drive by my house every day and idle in the parking lot next door.

I do keep it down: I only made that example to show how much it surprised me when she put her window up. I hadn't realized what kind of kick it had.

(On topic) Today I put $15 of gas in the Festiva and bought it an air freshener
    Last edited by crazyrog17; 07-11-2011, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
    It wasn't very loud, just had a lot of vulgarity and swearing, haha. An 8" sub isn't 'hurt your ears' loud anyways.
    How about offensive? Still needs to be turned down at stoplights.

Believe it or not in my 20+ yrs of Audio building I did build a Camaro (Mullet style) enclosure with 2 8" subs that hit 144Db at the windshield. Since 2 subs is only 3Db louder than one, I think 141Db out of 1 8" sub is loud enough to hurt/damage anyones ears. It isn't for you to decide why it is bothering her. Your still adding to the reason Stereos have a bad name.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
    It wasn't very loud, just had a lot of vulgarity and swearing, haha. An 8" sub isn't 'hurt your ears' loud anyways.
    Ever hear "your rights end when the interfere with the rights of others"?

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    I'm with Gomez.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    ^ to be honest, it is actions like that that give sound systems a bad name. When you come to a light turn it down. Ever think that it might actually be hurting her ears?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I'd be interested in getting rid of my plastic bushings.
    I installed them in my car- the old ones were long gone, and they melted from the heat of the exhaust....
    It wasn't a hard mod really, and not too expensive either. I just pulled out all the stock bolts, and ground/punched out the pin that is peened like a rivet. I then opened up the holes to 1/2" so that a shoulder bolt slides through. I then use a thin (.050") stainless 1/2" a/n washer and a thin (.060") nylon washer on either side of the inner parts of the linkage with the nylon washer to the stamped steel part. The 1/2" by 2" shoulder bolts slide through the whole thing and I used 3/8" locknuts and washers to hold it all together. All the parts can be purchased at most ace hardware stores for less than 20 bucks. I used a uni-bit to open up the holes in the sheetmetal components. Use high temp (copper color) anti seize to lube the shafts when you assemble it and I'd use red loctite even with the locknuts because the heat from the exhaust could melt the nylon in the nuts.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-10-2011, 08:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    ^ to be honest, it is actions like that that give sound systems a bad name. When you come to a light turn it down. Ever think that it might actually be hurting her ears?

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Installed this the other day. Surprises me how good it is!

An 8" Polk Audio in a ported box. 500w SONY Xplod amp I had laying around.

I still have to 'properly' tuck the wires. Some lady at the stoplight today sneered and rolled up her windows. I even saw her roll them back down after she took off from the light, hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Originally posted by ENEMY_ View Post
    added stickers for HP
    Lol.
    Drove mine around again. This time to the junkyards. Picked up seats out of a Tracer. Now I need to make me some brackets!

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I'd be interested in getting rid of my plastic bushings.
    I installed them in my car- the old ones were long gone, and they melted from the heat of the exhaust....

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Little by little

I installed my shift linkage for a test fit. I welded it up almost a month ago, but went to central America for most of june. It fit awesome and the car shifts like a motorsport (not the sequential cars though). I ditched the plastic bushings and drilled out my linkage for shoulder bolts and nylon thrust washers. The added weight also helps the positive shifter feel. I like it!:headbang:

Leave a comment:

• fooddaman
    replied
    Well, didn't do it today, but I installed a new radiator. :p

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    No problem man, just let me know and we'll get you hooked up.

The guy I use is one of the mobile locksmiths. I just call him up and give him the code and he meets me somewhere with a shiny new set of keys

Leave a comment:

Working...
X