Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skswig62
    replied
    I have all of the parts do to the beam switch but I thought that 13's would fit without hitting, how are you "making more room"? Did you use a wider wheel?

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Dehumidified it. Park a car for a month here, and it molds inside. I hate this place.

Leave a comment:

• 88festivasam
    replied
    Finished my aspire rear beam swap today and had to clearance a few areas for my wheels to fit. Will be taking the wheels back off tomorrow to finish making a little more room around the tires... (they rub) lol. However it looks much better now with all 4 matching wheels

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    If you have a two door aspire, yes - you can use the fuel tank

Leave a comment:

• TheTaco
    replied
    Hello all, been awhile since I joined. Still have my 1988 festiva, and now have a complete and running aspire to use as a donor. I have a ton of questions. I will post pics as I start on my festy, but being a 1988, I would like to change it to fuel injection. Can I use the aspire fuel tank and lines for the festy and get a later model festy ecu? Thanks in advance, there will be a ton to do. My goal is fuel injection, aspire brake swap, and B6T. Still looking for the donor capri, and I am determined, even on my budget.

Leave a comment:

• skswig62
    replied
    Well I went back and forth on that for a while but decided that I did not want to break any of the now brittle plastic attaching thingy's or take a chance on cracking the the grill. All of the plastic parts on this car are pretty brittle.

Leave a comment:

• skswig62
    replied
    It is original paint. It has a few issues but is a good looker a 15 feet. California car original

Leave a comment:

• skswig62
    replied
    festi camper 003.jpg

Went camping in the Festi Camper

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    One thing after another... Right?

I'm filling up the tank today. Drove to Best Buy at 7:30 this morning hoping that the line for an iPhone 6 was wrapped around the building and I could justify going back to bed. No such luck.. There was no line so I was first when they opened at 8 lol. Never done that before but it was better than a week of anticipation with a preorder.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Mule I had the same problem, my heater core is sitting on my garage floor until I feel like replacing it...

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Replaced the broken brake line & bled the brake lines on Squig festy and took it for a test run. Brakes work great again! ............. BUT lost more rad fluid and not sure where it is going!? OH, it must be internal! *sigh*!

Also, all of a sudden, discovered a bad oil leak coming from the front seal area!! *double sigh* :nightmare:

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Wow, I would not have even thought of painting the grille on the car. It takes less than a minute to remove.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by skswig62 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16309[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16310[/ATTACH]
    Nice job on the grille... The rest of your red paint looks good too.. Is that the original paint?

Leave a comment:

• skswig62
    replied
    festi paint 001.jpgfesti paint 002.jpg

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    During the last two weeks I have removed, cleaned and flushed all the AC components on my Yellow 90 LPlus (25 years old and 95,000 miles on her).
    On Friday I replaced the components (including a new accumulator/dryer, and expansion valve) and installed a rebuilt compressor (added 8 ounces of ester oil this time).
    I think the 10oz of pag oil that I used in my first two rebuilds was too much.
    The rebuilt compress I bought did not come with a clutch or manifold, so I had to transfer those parts from my old compressor. (The old compressor still builds up pressure but not as good as the rebuilt one..I'm going to see if I can order a rebuild kit and rebuild it myself.)
    I ran the vaccum pump on the system from Friday night to Saturday morning, turned off the vacuum and let it sit for an hour -- thankfully, the negative gauge readings didn't budge.
    I then charged the system with 134a and now it is working like new (temp quickly gets to 50 degrees at the center vent).
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16297[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16299[/ATTACH]
    Dang that's a clean bay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X