Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iriegnome
    replied
    Rusted floor.jpgFixed floor.jpg
    Before - No floors any more
    After - Hacked together, but working floor again!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Man those are some beefy rods on those pistons.

Leave a comment:

• dalebwilson
    replied
    Pulled the pan and head on my 93L to inspect pistons, rings, cylinder bores and oil pickup tube.

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    0924175617.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Mounted some 6x9 speaker boxes to the parcel shelf. Bad thing is I had to mount them so far forward, i can't have the tailgate lift the shelf because they overlap the little flap that is supposed to bend when the tailgate lifts it. No biggie.

Even with the Dual brand speakers put in them, audio improved drastically, and I am still using the stock speaker wires which is less then ideal for quality audio.

Leave a comment:

• jaketlong11
    replied
    for that silicon spray is your best bet.. made my window go up with one hand!

Leave a comment:

• ratorrey
    replied
    IMG_0828.JPGIMG_0827.JPGIMG_0829.JPGIMG_0829.JPGFinally got Rear Shocks and Springs replaced (bought last Nov). 7 hours, grinder and welder involved.. Yes. The passengers side shock bolt...

F3BZ thank you for the research you did here, http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...GRAB-BAG/page2 These springs fit perfectly and are just a little stiffer. I run 155/80/13 tires and my old springs and shocks were so bad that I could barely get 1 finger in in top of the tire. Now I can get 3. Not sure if the car sits higher because if the new shocks or the stiffer springs. Either way I like it much better..
    Last edited by ratorrey; 09-29-2014, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Check the corner of the plenum above the wiring harness. It is a very weak area where three seams intersect.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-29-2014, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Papabug
    replied
    New front and rear main seals, cam seal, clutch kit, water pump, thermostat, timing belt and tensioner, both LCA's, output seals, new axles, 5 speed from 93 parts car (was cheaper than trans alone with all the extra parts, drove it for a year $600). Install motor and trans tomorrow along with the LCA's. All parts came from partsgeek.com and where exact replacements. $340.00 with $15.00 off coupon. Fast shipping.

I Love my Festiva. Now I have to figure out where the water leaks in from the outside (wet floor) and fix my drivers side window so you don't have to be Hercules to roll it up. 40 mpg sure feels nice.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Torque, my brake lines are just as new as the day I installed them.
    Link to my thread. I recommend them for everybody.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-28-2014, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I hate brake lines. lol

Went to change the wheel cylinder, turned out I never changed it before, I just swapped the new pistons, seals and springs from the new one the last time into the old one. Mainly because the brake line was seized to the cylinder. So I ended up braking the line trying to get it off. So ended up with a trip up to autozone, grabbed a section of the nickle/copper alloy brake line.

But man were those brake shoes soaked in brake fluid, the paint on them was bubbled up all over and flaking off. Cleaned them up the best I could with brake parts cleaner, and threw them back on until I can get a new set, cleaned up the drums too, threw it all back together. I just need to put the wheel back on and drop it back on the ground. Luckily the reservoir didn't completely empty out, so I don't think any air got into any other part of the system. Brake pedal is extremely firm with the engine off.

Leave a comment:

• NaturalSelection
    replied
    Today with the help of a mechanic friend, I assisted in the replacement of the front axles and changed the transaxle oil. In the process, I found the lower control arms need to be replaced as well as sway bar bushings. I also discovered that the brake lights are not working as it seems that the brake switch on the brake pedal is broken. Also the brake fluid looked like swill and will need to be drained and changed.

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    Got it ready for the crusher. Y'all need something off it before it goes PM me before noon MDT tomorrow (interior is stripped, powertrain has to stay intact or the junkyard won't take it). Will post an FS thread on all the crap I pulled today once I figure out pricing etc.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Tomorrow going to change out the passenger wheel cylinder. (again) Been leaking for a while, and have been putting it off too long since all I had to do was top up my brake fluid every month, and my brakes worked just fine.

Granted these only come with 90 day warranty, so the one I put on there a while back is going back in the new one's package, and being warranty exchanged so I can have a spare.

Also tomorrow I am going to rewire the auxiliary lights directly to the headlights. Should I be worried about blowing the head fuse, since they will be running directly from the low beam wires connecting to the bulbs?

Also thinking of getting some 6x9 speaker enclosures and fixing them to the rear cargo cover. (Already a bit damaged, so I am not afraid of putting screws through it) I just need some lows that those pathetic 4" speakers can't give.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Found out why the car was so noisy in the cabin after the fender bender a couple months ago. Apparently the engine must have moved violently forward causing the passenger motor mount to become cockeyed, so the metal part of the mount was touching the mount bracket on the frame causing allot of vibration and noise on acceleration, popped the mount off and put the thin rubber disc bushing things from the mount that was still on the parts car, realigned the mount and bolted it all back together tightly. Now all quiet and smooth again, and things in my rearview mirror no long look like a vibrating blur when accelerating. :p

Leave a comment:

Working...
X