Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I only drive my Festiva in the summer. My heater core is completely disconnected (both hoses). No problemo.
    There is no need for hot engine coolant to continually flow through the heater core while you have the A/C on.
    I use R-12 for maximum brain freeze.
    No, but in all my projects I at the least closed the loop so the pump circulates the water from head/block back to itself.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Comment

• picked up the tires/wheels and did a little detailing before install. really like the tread on these. anything will be impressive after making due with the 12" 155s the last year. these are 185, 10mm wider than stock so i hope no interference problems.

IMG_0490 by mike schmitt, on Flickr

Comment

• Directional Treads: A directional tread pattern is designed to roll only in one direction. For this reason, the tires always have arrows molded on the sidewalls indicating the direction that the tire needs to be mounted. Lateral grooves on both sides of the tire point toward the center of the tire, creating a ‘v’ shape. These grooves very efficiently pump water through the tread so the tire can maintain contact with the road for wet traction and to resist hydroplaning even at high speeds. Another benefit of a directional tread pattern on high performance vehicles is that they give more of an on-center feel for improved high speed stability. The drawback of a directional tread pattern versus a symmetric tread pattern is that they typically wear faster, and are harder to rotate, as they can only be moved from front to back on the same side of the vehicle.

The main downside is cost. The rubber compounds used in these high-performance tires mean a premium price point compared to standard passenger car tires.
        Also, directionals typically have shorter tread life. It's not because the tread is less durable, but rather it's because tire rotations involve extra labor and cost. Many drivers opt to swap front and rear tires on the same side to avoid the hassle.

On directional tires, there's an arrow on the sidewall of the tires — when correctly mounted, the arrow points toward the front of the vehicle. If directional tires get mounted backward, you won't get the hydroplaning resistance and other performance driving benefits the tread is designed for.

---------------------------------------
        Make sure you install with the "ROTATION" bars in the right direction.
        The one in the picture is mounted for the left hand side of your car.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 07-15-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday, on the Silver Bullet project, I installed new rear struts and hardware. I already replaced all of the rear brake components and bearings. A couple of months ago, I replaced the fuel tank with a brand new one and had it rust-proofed before I installed it. Today, I ordered new front struts and accouterments, new brake pads, and I bought new output shaft seals for the j/y 5-speed I got. In the meantime, I am prepping the removal of the engine/trans from Cherry Bomb (The engine was originally slated for the Silver Bullet). Next weekend, I will be stripping the engine from Cherry Bomb, installing the 5-speed onto the engine with a NOS Motorcraft clutch release bearing (all metal) I found on eBay and dropping it into the Silver Bullet.

Finally, today, I decided to rename the Silver Bullet to the Silver Phoenix, because I have rebuilt her from the ground up, and like the Phoenix, she will be rising from the ashes of sitting in a yard or storage unit for almost 20 years. She will be on the road, inspected and legal by the end of summer, but I am hoping to have it done by the end of August.

My profile picture was when I retrieved her from my Mom's property in 2007.
          Last edited by hawkdoc60; 07-15-2018, 07:32 PM.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
          88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
          88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
          06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

• It's as good as MSD they said...

It'll be fun they said, it'll save you money they said!
            20180713_191005.jpg

I should have paid more and bought a MSD, Mallory or even Accel...
            NEVER again will I buy a Pro-Comp!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by FoMoCoMotion; 07-15-2018, 09:28 PM.
            1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
            1988 Festiva LX B5 Turbo, MegaSquirt, Aspire Swap
            2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
            2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

• Hello guys! ty1 I'm new here but I'm happy to be here!! So, I have a festiva too. you guys will gets surprised if you see it!
              ===========
              I know this topic is about "what do you done for your festiva today!" So, today (or tomorrow) i want to replace my Festiva clock! its optional and in another color digits. I will put image of new clock after installed.
              But now,this is my FESTIVA

Comment

• welcomsign Welcome Herm.
                What's that strange white stuff all over the ground in the picture?
                Are you in Germany?
                Please post a picture of your dash with the clock installed.
                Thanks.

Comment

• Me personally? I decided to address a safety issue here in Memphis, since we seem to have a lot of kamakazi drivers on the roads who are more interested in their cell phones than the world around them

Check this out...

Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Built awesome, okay maybe thats a stretch but pretty decent ghetto exhaust. The car has been getting louder and louder and have been intending to bend up some exhaust for it but to many other priorities. Backed it on some ramps inspected what was going on and the rear section of the b pipe was totally rotten for about the last six inches. Pulled the b pipe off of a parts car,it had holes in it in the front section. Cut the b pipe in 1/2 still on the car,cut the other b pipe in 1/2 expanded it.slip fit 1 clamp put the muffler off another parts car on it and oh my hour drive to Kansas City was so awesome. You just kinda notice or care when they are getting progressively loudr but you make em quit again it's night and day.I am goi to weld my slip fit after I'm sure I don't have any stupid rattles.
                    Last edited by ricko1966; 07-26-2018, 04:04 PM.
                    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

• My First Post on this Site!

'91 Festiva GL

Swapped out the turn signal/windshield wiper switch on the upper steering column with a used switch I got off eBay.

Now, just searching through the forums for info on my next fix/upgrade.
                      Last edited by PyroViking; 07-29-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• welcomsign Welcome pyro. There are lots of upgrades you can do.

The one that makes me smile all the time is progressive power locks with light flash and horn honk.

Comment

• Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                            picked up the tires/wheels and did a little detailing before install. really like the tread on these. anything will be impressive after making due with the 12" 155s the last year. these are 185, 10mm wider than stock so i hope no interference problems.

Camera angle is driving me fing nuts.

Looks like cords and belts broke...

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                              picked up the tires/wheels and did a little detailing before install. really like the tread on these. anything will be impressive after making due with the 12" 155s the last year. these are 185, 10mm wider than stock so i hope no interference problems.

Ran those tires on my red Festiva... loved them. Didn't have rubbing issues but I have/had the Tein coil-overs on the car. They were awesome in the rain!
                              Ian
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Okay - this is a preview, so it isn't all of it. But I knew you all wanted to know where I was at with it - and I WANTED to know what the footage I shot looked like....

So here it is at this point in time:

Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                                X