Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcomsign
    I've been to the Alamo
    Does your Festiva have A/C?

Comment

• Originally posted by burundon View Post
      I bought mine today. so excited, wife thinks i am crazy.
      All our wives/GF think we're crazy, unless they own one too!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• no ac, 91 don't know much else about it yet.
        Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• I still remember when I bought my Festy, my father comes home from work and asks. "Who's half-of-a-car is that sitting in the driveway?" lol
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Put my new AR Estrella center caps on this morning.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Pics Gary
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Rebuilt an Aspire hub with Timken bearings and National seals...

Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• 013.jpg012.jpgPics
                  If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• I unstuck my throttle today.

I have a gas station .2 miles down the road, and like a bat-outta-hell, to the house I went. Thought it felt funny shifting into 2nd and 3rd (felt like a full throttle shift) and when I let off it kept going. EEEK!!! Never happened to me before but like a good driver I kept calm (being 40 helps). While clutching in and out to keep rpm in check and to not gain anymore speed I kept hitting the throttle to unstick it. NOPE. By now i'm seeing my driveway fly by. So I hit the key and slow to a stop. Pull hood and check it out.

The other day I had to remove all the intake ducts and such to fix a fuel line leak at the fuel rail. Put a new clamp on to fix it. No prying or bending of anything. I have even had a few short full throttle sessions since (so I thought). Well the problem was the fuel rail inlet was bent up a bit into the throttle linkage. OOOPS!! Luckily I live on a State Route that is currently closed for bridgework and there was zero traffic. Glad it was only 120 horsepower with a slightly slipping clutch.
                    -Bryant

Comment

• Past couple days the festy had been running better than usual, with smoother pickup since I dumped a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in.

Well even earlier in the day the car was running fantastic, then comes about 4pm, I head out, and while out it starts running like complete garbage. First I started it, and the idle was extremely bad, it would barely stay running, shut it off and looked under the hood and couldn't find anything loose or obvious. Then after the day was overwith, I was driving it home, and the CEL came on, but would go away after taking off from a light, and come back on after cruising for about a mile.

Got to the gas station with a quarter tank, filled up thinking maybe I put in too much fuel injector cleaner, drove it about 5 more miles to get the gas already in the line through, and get the mixed gas in the system, CEL came on during the first mile, but didn't come on after that.

I did pull 3 codes while at the gas station.

The codes pulled were the IDM, MAF, and oxygen sensor. Now how in the hell does 2 sensors fail at once? Oxygen sensor is good, it was just seeing too lean, or rich of a mixture, indicating a fault somewhere else.

I don't even know where to begin on the IDM.
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-26-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• I thought about MADNESS!
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Got the water line run for the hatch washer. MAJOR pita! Now I can proceed with the hatch swap.
                          "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                          "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                          "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                          "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                          "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                          "Wenona"-89L parts car
                          "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

• replaced the fusable links with J Case PAL Pacific Auto Link Fuse's.. Fit perfect. Works like a charm and now have just regular fuses to contend with.. Cost about $1 each btw
                            Last edited by iriegnome; 08-27-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Found my idle issue.

Actually looked at the engine while it was running and heard a loud hissing sound, come to find a large vacuum cap split wide open. Explains the oxygen sensor code, no idea why the other codes were thrown. oh well, runs great now.

Comment

• Bought another one yesterday.

An 88LX with no motor, or tranny.

Muleskinner was nice enough to help me tow it back to Fairborn from Pittsburgh with his Ranger, what an awesome guy. Thanks Muleskinner!

Comment

Working...
                                X