Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5sp.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
      5sp.
      You should really check into that then!

My lowest fill up (out of 66 fills) was 41.4 mpg, and I had to really try to get such a bad number (bad compared to my other numbers). So there is something going on with yours if you are getting your BEST at under 40mpg!

How do you drive it?
      Are your tires inflated properly?
      What speed are you running on the HWY?
      Might your E-brake be slightly engaged while driving?
      Bad bearings?
      Do you have a sail on the roof? (that one was a joke, lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
        Do you have a sail on the roof? (that one was a joke, lol)
        Says the guy with a sail on his hatch! Lol
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
          Says the guy with a sail on his hatch! Lol
          HAHA, that was more of an anti-sail, lol.....A sail would increase the Cd (drag coefficient) and the Kamm back would decrease it.......I miss my car! I hope it is doing well!

This is the wiki page on Kammbacks ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammback

Take a look here ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_coefficient

And this one lists cars by Cd --->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automob...ag_coefficient
          Last edited by Darlo; 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• I DRIVE it, I don't drive like a little old lady. And yes tires are inflated proper, e brake not ingaged,brearings good. I thought over 300 miles on a single tank was acceptable. Its gettig better with each fillup.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I DRIVE it, I don't drive like a little old lady. And yes tires are inflated proper, e brake not ingaged,brearings good. I thought over 300 miles on a single tank was acceptable. Its gettig better with each fillup.
              All I am saying is this.....EVEN when I "DROVE" it really hard and crazy, I still got over 40mpg......This leads me to think there is something up with yours? May be a simple fix? It is good to see it is improving with each fill though!

I would only need 6-6.5 gallons to go 300 miles, and I often would surpass 400 miles at around 8.2-9 gallons.........

Furthest I went was 445.1 miles and used 9.03 gallons...........
              Last edited by Darlo; 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• 37 is the beginning of okay. I drove one with 235k five speed with air. Full fresh tune up. Running it sort of hard I got 44. I've had others with a 5 speed and lower miles on a full fresh tune up get 37 run the same way. Of course some break 50 with conservative driving. I was NOT happy with 37. That's why I asked if you had an auto. I never broke 33 on my auto no matter how I drove it. Some have gotten 36 from the auto.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• As you can see....

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                  Filled up again, 39 for the third tank in a row.
                  He's getting 39 in the worst stop and go conditions - delivering papers. So while 37 sounds good to some people for a festiva it's not good.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• I averaged low 40's with my 91 4 speed and I drove in a hilly area everyday. Oh and I DROVE it hard. I bet you have something simple that will easily push you over the 40 mark
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• I thought mine was doing alright. I average about 35-39 with real world driving and highway at 55MPH. Mixed with city, obviously. I get 44-52 at 55MPH straight highway.
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Go ahead ya'll, lay it on! Just bust my bubble!! I was felling good about my increasing MPG. Now I'm depressed, gonna go drown my sorrows in a bottle of Jack Daniels. Ya'll leave me alone....sob.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Go ahead ya'll, lay it on! Just bust my bubble!! I was felling good about my increasing MPG. Now I'm depressed, gonna go drown my sorrows in a bottle of Jack Daniels. Ya'll leave me alone....sob.
                          You cant afford Jack Daniels because you are spending so much on gas! :p

Comment

• Run it on Jack... I bet you'll get better mpg's. Also today I got the horn I pulled out of an '86 Fleetwood in. The Horns on theose era caddy's are on the driverside, in the fender behind the headlight. There is an access hole to get at the. I mounted the horn on a bolt that was holding the wire bracket for an O2 sensor on the front radiator/hood latch bracing. Then pulled the wire up from the stock location and extended it.
                            Owner of:
                            1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                            In progress:
                            BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• OK, lets see if this makes you feel better:

Fueled tank completely up:
                              ODO = 144,905.9 left Ripley, WV
                              Drove highway all the way to West Point, VA
                              Refueled 7.936 gallons
                              Odo =145,316.5
                              GPS says 396.0 (use GPS for MPG calculations because of the 155/80/12's I'm running)
                              Average spd 57.3 mph
                              MPG 49.9
                              Now that was in the mountains to the shore essentially net down hill. But still a lot of uphill going through the mountains.
                              Return trip
                              Stopped at same station and refueled to the maximum because gas is always 20¢ cheaper in Ripley than i Ravenswood.
                              Fuel = 7.953 gallons
                              Odo = 145,720.8
                              GPS = 390.0
                              Average spd = 57.8 MPH
                              MPG = 49.0

This with a Festiva with a known alignment issue, worn driver-side tire, down pipe in need of replacement, and the left rear brake ever so slightly engaged or possibly bearing going. Not to mention the CEL light going on and off.
                              But I did have a grill block both top and bottom.
                              Think what could be done with some lowering springs, real gas, and flat terrain!
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                                Furthest I went was 445.1 miles and used 9.03 gallons...........
                                What a wuss drive it to the edge!:p

521 miles and 10.11 gallons!
                                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                                '92 Aqua parts Car
                                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                                In fact...
                                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                                X