Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Today I pulled the motor, replaced rear main seal, flywheel/clutch, timing belt pulleys, and installed bigger injectors, then put it back together and went cruising
    Still have enough time to make it to Madness
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I now trust my car to make it to madness now, but my bank account isn't gunna let me go

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Awwwwww
        No V6 toy to play with
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I'm disappointed too

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Hey guys. I haven't been on lately been busy with work. I replace the fuel filter n just been running the hell out of my Festiva still working great.
            Has anyone attempted to install power actuators from a mini van for the rear vent widows? I have a set with wires and the switches, and when I get some free time I want to try it out.
            NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
            1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
            1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
            1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
            1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
            1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
            1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
              Hey guys. I haven't been on lately been busy with work. I replace the fuel filter n just been running the hell out of my Festiva still working great.
              Has anyone attempted to install power actuators from a mini van for the rear vent widows? I have a set with wires and the switches, and when I get some free time I want to try it out.
              I know people have done it for power locks, especially in the hatch. It certainly can be done..
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
                Hey guys. I haven't been on lately been busy with work. I replace the fuel filter n just been running the hell out of my Festiva still working great.
                Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• On my way into work, took off from a stop sign, shifted into 3rd, bang. Now it sounds like rocks in diff. Still moved enough to limp to a gas station at the intersection. No leaks, but still probably destroyed the trans. Good thing I have a spare.
                  Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                  93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                  91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                  93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                  15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                  88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Pulled the garbage Bosch +4s I put in a few weeks ago.
                    Threw the old Champions that were in the car when I bought it back in since they were still in good shape, car is running like a top now.

Went and got my money back for those garbage Bosch plugs.
                    The guy was puzzled why they even had those +4s listed in their computer for the Festiva. He said something along the lines of your not supposed to run those in a Festiva.

Oreily's probably only had them listed for the car because they fit, that is it.
                    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM.
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• The +4 plugs are designed for high compression engines and large cylinder bores. They dont' run properly on low-power ignition systems because the platinum coating requires a much higher ignition voltage than standard copper plugs to fire.

In order to properly use +4's on your vehicle, you'd need to upgrade your ignition system as well, and use low-impedance wires.

Comment

• Switched out my trans with my spare F. Tore the old one apart to find 3rd gear had explided all the teeth off the input shaft and 90% of the secondary shaft. Yay me... :s
                        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Pics of GHI's trans carnage:

IMG_20121001_230920.jpg by link5186, on Flickr

IMG_20121001_230900.jpg by link5186, on Flickr

IMG_20121001_230749.jpg by link5186, on Flickr

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                          91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                          92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                          95 Grand Prix SE DD
                          Wife's Stuff:
                          89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                          97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                          Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Left it parked in the Garage and enjoyed driving my Camaro for a change... Now I"m having second thoughts about getting rid of the Camaro, since they both have the same MPG figures and the Camaro drives and handles much better than the Festiva. :/

Comment

• :thumbup::thumbleft::thumbup::thumbleft::thumbup:: thumbleft : Don't sell either and just give me the festiva.
                              ;
                              www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                              rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                              '92 Festiva L M/T
                              '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Rims came in........ Damn they look nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X