No announcement yet.

pure-gas.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change the world. Stick to making personal goals for festy and other vehicles and hitting them with the many many ways that are proven. Plan your routes to hit your 100% stations or you may lose 4% mileage just double backing or driving more, or up harder terrain and/or traffic. I'm sure you all know this but with your math it might be fun to see if an extra 15-20 miles a month is worth e10 and so on.

I hate the fact that every blend of ethanol is still the same ratings as regular gas. Ethanol in e85 has an effective rating of over 100 octane. If they had an e20 that bumped the rating to the mid 90s (can be done mixing with an 89 or 91 base) then it would aid in the newer cars who ask a knock sensor for ignition advance curves. In the older cars you keep twisting until it pings. It does offset the alcohol a little to use more aggressive timing.
    Last edited by getnpsi; 04-29-2012, 01:10 PM.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

There are some stations near me, but none close enough to make driving to them a regular thing when filling up. I'll have to try one up in the city some time to see how much better I do.
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

'highest hiney-ness prince poop, 241 times over'

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
        Litesong making friends again!

..... do you really know that the engines produced today are designed to run best on 100% gas or 10% Ethanol? Or as more likely the case to use a range of compositions between 10% ETOH and 100% gas?
        'highest hiney-ness prince poop, 241 times over' shows his poop again. Even admitting that he starting the nastiness between himself & me, he assaults again, as if his puke of the past wasn't enough.

The EPA runs their mpg ratings for all gasoline engined vehicles sold in the U.S. on 100% ethanol-free gasoline, even tho, the EPA has made it nearly impossible to obtain 100% ethanol-free gasoline in Washington D.C. & most other large cities. The auto industry loves the EPA gasoline ratings for their........ let's say it again..... gasoline engined vehicles.

Go to pure-gas.org & debate there. Lots of room for comments......... 'highest hiney-ness prince poop, 241 times over'

Comment

I see you resort, again, to your child like mind in retaliation when some one disagree with you!

If you think my "making friends again" comment is "assault" you are without a doubt easily disturbed.
          Which in itself could be used for much amusement!
          Additionally, you have no concept of the term assault!

The sad thing is, again, I agree with most of your take on 10% ETOH, I just don't like the constant preaching and using this site as your personal soap box.
          Do you have a financial interest in pure-gas.org?
          Last edited by Pu241; 04-29-2012, 04:36 PM.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

My Mazda 2 is rated 35 mpg highway and I am beating that daily averaging 36 mpg on every tank so far and that is before the 1500 mile break in period is up.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
              I see you resort, again, to your child like mind in retaliation when some one disagree with you!

If you think my "making friends again" comment is "assault" you are without a doubt easily disturbed.
              Which in itself could be used for much amusement!
              Additionally, you have no concept of the term assault!

The sad thing is, again, I agree with most of your take on 10% ETOH, I just don't like the constant preaching and using this site as your personal soap box.
              Do you have a financial interest in pure-gas.org?
              You admitted starting it, you made it personal, & I won't take ANY of your sliminess. I don't care if you follow me around like a puppy dog, but expect to be treated like dog----!

Comment

Originally posted by litesong View Post
                You admitted starting it, you made it personal, & I won't take ANY of your sliminess. I don't care if you follow me around like a puppy dog, but expect to be treated like dog----!
                You are a funny old man, I will have to admit!

You do hold a certain amount of amusement for me!

Do continue on!
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                  My Mazda 2 is rated 35 mpg highway and I am beating that daily averaging 36 mpg on every tank so far......
                  Try some 100% ethanol-free gasoline. Tho the stations are in short supply in your area AND tend to only have 100% ethanol-free gasoline in higher octanes, go to pure-gas.org for addresses & a great zoomable map for the stations selling 100% pure gasoline in more distant places.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                    My Mazda 2 is rated 35 mpg highway and I am beating that daily averaging 36 mpg on every tank so far and that is before the 1500 mile break in period is up.
                    Sweet!

Don't sweat it if you can't find "100% gas" as you won't see that much (if any) increase in MPG. Just keep focussing on things that are actually important, such as easy starts and coasting, proper tire inflation, and try to drive in the highest gear at the lowest revs (aka around 45mph in 5th gear or so).

Stick to the proven, and see the extra mpg roll in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                      Sweet!

Don't sweat it if you can't find "100% gas" as you won't see that much (if any) increase in MPG. Just keep focussing on things that are actually important, such as easy starts and coasting, proper tire inflation, and try to drive in the highest gear at the lowest revs (aka around 45mph in 5th gear or so).

Stick to the proven, and see the extra mpg roll in!
                      The non feedback carb guys should jet to one or the other and stick
                      with it. If you own anything 2 stroke stay away from the ethanol, to
                      many motors are getting ruined to trust anything but pure gas yet.
                      Darlo, glad to see you still here!!
                      Last edited by Movin; 04-30-2012, 10:30 AM.
                      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Originally posted by Movin View Post
                        The non feedback carb guys should jet to one or the other and stick
                        with it. If you own anything 2 stroke stay away from the ethanol, to
                        many motors are getting ruined to trust anything but pure gas yet.
                        Darlo, glad to see you still here!!
                        I've been running eth10 gas in literally everything I own (except diesel stuff, except sometimes with the diesel stuff) for probably 10 years now, and never had a failure.

Lots of people are quick to attribute damage to things that are out of their control when they, instead, should be looking at the maintenance they probably haven't been doing, IMO.

Ethanol gas will eat boat fuel tanks (if they're fiberglass/integrated) over time, and damages rubber components over time as well.

Because ethanol is hygroscopic, it will attract water to the fuel, so any fuel left for a long period of time needs the tank purged before running.

Comment

• ^^^ totally agree, I keep pure gas in my 2 strokes. I was working on a trail project
                          to a high country shelter and I ran out of saw gas. A guy with a new saw didn't
                          want me missing all the fun..over by the cooler.. so he put some of his gas in my
                          old husky 141. within 10 minutes it was idling faster until the chain kept going.
                          Took out my older crankshaft seals just that quick!!! Thank gosh it wasn't
                          the 3120 !
                          The motorsports shop says some of these ethanol gas blends do not work with
                          some 2 stroke oils, and it takes out the bearings real quick. He is a busy man
                          these days so there might be something to that. Even though my newer 2 stroke
                          stuff is supposed to be fine with 10% I stay away from it. Once I jetted my quad
                          to it , it works fine with it, its 4 stroke.
                          My festy sometimes "check engine lights" me a o2 code on ethanol but that is because
                          I have it on the lean side of the window through VAF adjustments. Some with more
                          than 10%, they are not too accurate about % will blink the light. Pure gas didn't do
                          it but I haven't had that in the car in a long time.
                          Diesel....avoid the bio stuff until everybody has it figured out, way to many
                          problems with the stuff.
                          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Originally posted by Movin View Post
                            Diesel....avoid the bio stuff until everybody has it figured out, way to many
                            problems with the stuff.
                            I don't buy bio. I either buy red diesel or just make my own fuel from engine oil, trans fluid, kerosene, gasoline, hydraulic oil, brake fluid, gear oil, etc.

Bio isn't available around me, and I wouldn't purchase something I can make at home easily.

Comment

• closest 100% gas to me is less then a mile from the homestead at the local co-op
                              89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

• Originally posted by newcomb View Post
                                closest 100% gas to me is less then a mile from the homestead at the local co-op
                                Your area has about the densest number of stations selling 100% ethanol-free gasoline. Use it. You have the luxury choice of picking the best price too. Go to pure-gas.org to find 5000+ stations in the U.S. & Canada selling 100% pure gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X