No announcement yet.

pure-gas.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A number of events have occurred, that is & may increase availability of 100% gasoline in the future. First, pure-gas.org has increased its listings to 7739 sources, far more extensive than its initial listing of less than 2000 before 2010. Second, EPA is reducing the quantity of ethanol to be blended into American gasoline stocks for 2014. Third, to complement the end of direct ethanol subsidies two years ago, the new Farm Bill has a provision to stop subsidies for equipment that blends ethanol into gasoline stocks. Fourth, a bill, sponsored by Senators Feinstein/Coburn, with much bi-partisan support, would stop the mandate to blend ethanol into our nation's gasoline stocks. All these activities are preparing the "ethanol in gasoline" industry for its exit from American gas tanks, unless drivers still want 10% ethanol blends. The industry is being told, "Thank you for your cooperation in the 'experiment gone wrong', but your services are no longer needed. Its time for you to make career changes, as America begins the process of returning to 100% gasoline, that is needed by gasoline engines.
    Last edited by litesong; 02-22-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• ^That's pretty sweet. I assume that this will also kill e85 availability for those that had it.

Good though. I'd like to have pure gas available, and so far haven't.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
        ^That's pretty sweet. I assume that this will also kill e85 availability for those that had it. Good though. I'd like to have pure gas available, and so far haven't.
        As often as people complained about the lack of availability of 100% gasoline, there was even less E85(more like octane 60-83) availability. Politics is often slow & it might by quite a while before all these events occur. & the "ethanol in gasoline" industry won't shuffle off the stage, like a stage hand. But I was stunned how quickly the events occurred that I mentioned, above.

Another note that I missed. In a January 2014 President Obama speech, he detailed some future directions of fuels & energy production. He did NOT mention possibilities for........ ethanol.

Comment

• Originally posted by litesong View Post
          ......pure-gas.org now lists 7180 sources for 100% gasoline.......S. Dakota now lists 68 sources, Wisconsin lists an incredible 665 sources, but I figured out only about 13% of those sources have as low as 87 octane...... Florida has 426 sources......But 7000+ sources listed. That's incredible! Years ago, pure-gas.org started with less than 2000 sources.
          No one has posted about pure-gas.org for years here. But pure-gas.org has been busy. They now list almost 13,900 stations serving 100% (ethanol-free) gasoline(E0). Wisconsin still leads with a whopping 936 E0 stations, mostly in high octane. I think tho, that 100+ stations do serve 87 octane E0. North Carolina came from way back to take 2nd place, now with 874. Florida also jumped high to 858. As mentioned above, South Dakota jumped from 68 to 161 E0 sources. New York has leaped, now with 767 E0 sources. If you have tried in vain to find E0 in the past, go to pure-gas.org to see if E0 sources are near to you now.
          Many may not know that a gallon of ethanol has about 30% less btus than a gallon of 100% gasoline. Thus, in standard E10 blend(10% ethanol) it has about 3% less btus than E0. However, E10 blends, as used in 87 octane gasoline engines, drop MPG by 8% to 5%. Here's the additional reason why:
          Low compression ratio (9:1 to 11:1), low 87 octane gasoline engines were designed to burn 87 octane gasoline with the best efficiency (duh!). Ethanol has an octane of 114, & as such ethanol burns best in ethanol engines designed with a high compression ratios of 1:14 or 1:15. As used in a low compression ratio, 87 octane gasoline engine, ethanol, because of its delay burning 114 octane, misses a good part of the power stroke. ALSO, when 114 octane ethane is blended to make 87 octane E10 blend, the 90% of the gasoline molecules HAVE to average 84 octane gasoline. 87 octane E0 has all the molecules with an octane of 87. HOWEVER, 87 octane E10 has no molecules, ethanol or gasoline, that are 87 octane..... only ethanol that is 114 octane or gasoline that is 84 octane.
          The more you feather foot your Festiva, the easier you will see the difference between E0 & E10. So try some E0, get away from the E10.
          Last edited by litesong; 12-13-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X