MPGs run, Aspire SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    up to 4000 RPM, each injector fires twice per cycle.
    Festyboy, Can you explain what happens after 4000 rpm? Do they not batch fire all the time at all RPM?
    The way you stated this makes it seem like there's a change in programming of the ECU after 4000 RPM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• I'm just gonna leave this here with a few short words .. I know you've already seen it and I might be beating a dead horse, but anyway..

The way I am reading it is code 15 means a fault with the oxygen sensor, be it in the circuit or a mechanical failure. Code 17 means the o2 sensor is trying to say it detects a fault, in one of the components listed to check.
      Attached Files
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
        I'm just gonna leave this here with a few short words .. I know you've already seen it and I might be beating a dead horse, but anyway..

The way I am reading it is code 15 means a fault with the oxygen sensor, be it in the circuit or a mechanical failure. Code 17 means the o2 sensor is trying to say it detects a fault, in one of the components listed to check.
        I interpret the code 17 as meaning the mixture is too lean for the ECU's liking, according to the data being fed to it by the O2 sensor.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• MAF heater element looks perfect. Ran a q-tip on it and got nothing.

It occurred to me as I was removing the MAF to get to the element, that I might get better mileage if I re-installed the lower airbox half, which I removed right after buying the car because it is in the way and pretty useless. But the air restriction it provides might also keep my fuel usage lower, since the ECU wants to keep the AFR the same no matter what amount of air is coming in. But since I threw mine away, I'll have to make a trip to a JY to get one.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Set up a hot air intake.

And swap in a festy trans for less rpm.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Set up a hot air intake.

And swap in a festy trans for less rpm.
              No idea what a hot air intake is.

Planning on a Festy trans in there next year.
              Last edited by TominMO; 10-29-2013, 10:00 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Lol Tom, its exactly as it sounds, the opposite of a cold air intake. Set it up to draw air from under the hood, near the exhaust.

Have you never been on ecomodder.com?
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Lol Tom, its exactly as it sounds, the opposite of a cold air intake. Set it up to draw air from under the hood, near the exhaust.

Have you never been on ecomodder.com?
                  A couple times. Why would I want to draw hot air in?
                  Last edited by TominMO; 10-29-2013, 10:08 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• When you're down on power and no need to accelerate the end result is less fuel being burned. This is what a hot air intake delivers now if you had to climb a mountain every day just to get home in the 1.3 with aggressive timing you will ping doing this with the hot air intake, you have to slow down a great deal and then back of your throttle which is terrible for volumetric efficiency There is a science a juggle and a game to driving to the mechanical limits of your car and then ad justing your machine to the thresholds of your own driving routes and driving styles.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• The Eco modding is all the modding involved shutters in for the grill to open and close, to mess with sensor values, on off switches to kill fuel and spark and so on.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        It occurred to me as I was removing the MAF to get to the element, that I might get better mileage if I re-installed the lower airbox half, which I removed right after buying the car because it is in the way and pretty useless. But the air restriction it provides might also keep my fuel usage lower, since the ECU wants to keep the AFR the same no matter what amount of air is coming in. But since I threw mine away, I'll have to make a trip to a JY to get one.
                        This makes no sense, numbnutz. Driving @ a steady 60 MPH is only part-throttle. Very little air movement is occurring, well within the capability of the restrictive stock airbox to flow the necessary air. So no need to go get a lower airbox piece to try to reduce airflow, for your purposes.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

This makes no sense, numbnutz. Driving @ a steady 60 MPH is only part-throttle. Very little air movement is occurring, well within the capability of the restrictive stock airbox to flow the necessary air. So no need to go get a lower airbox piece to try to reduce airflow, for your purposes.
                          After careful consideration of what you wrote, I have to agree. In fact I had this thought as I was approaching the JY. But I went and got it anyway, and already put it on, more for aesthetics than anything.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

After careful consideration of what you wrote, I have to agree. In fact I had this thought as I was approaching the JY. But I went and got it anyway, and already put it on, more for aesthetics than anything.
                            Whatever.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Uh oh...Tom has hit *that* age.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Uh oh...Tom has hit *that* age.
                                What're you talking about?!?!

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                                X