MPGs run, Aspire SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    My 97 has a 3 plug Ecu, but there's only the small and big plugs in the harness. The 89 auto tracer I got the b6 from had a 3 plug Ecu and 3 plugs in it! Other than that I don't know.

What I meant by running an engine on aspire electronics is dropping a motor in, and plugging in The aspire disty, MAF, and keeping the stock Ecu. Like swapping a Bp into a festy and not using the Bp Ecu and VAF, the Ecu is still only programmed for 60 hp.

You could try getting ahold of Tim Weber on Facebook, he's got a turbo b3 aspire ran on megasquirt. He might be able to help you out. I think he's aspireSVT here but he never logs on.
    Will an Aspire distributor swap into a Festy head? I was wondering if there were any physical differences, like if it would fit into the Festy cam slot.
    Last edited by TominMO; 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
      I got an aspire from shadetree that is b6 swapped but on stock electronics. Its a fully loaded auto car and its the slowest car I've ever driven. I've always thought it was down on power due to running on stock electronics. It also gets a CEL...probably running lean. Wonder if I should throw slightly larger injectors at it?
      Sure, why not use B6 injectors? Or is that what it has now?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• All Aspire stuff as far as I know
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Went for a drive today, to run an errand. Approx 20-25 miles round trip, city driving. The ECU's O2 data wire is hooked up to the Innovate wideband O2 sensor via the brown data wire. No code was thrown. While this was not steady-state hwy driving, I am encouraged. Monday I will take it out on the hwy to see what happens code-wise.

Of course, what this says is that I somehow had an inoperative narrowband heated O2 sensor. It was a Denso 234-4037 four-wire. One data wire, one ground, two heat wires. It may be that it didn't like me connecting the two heeat wires together to one power source; maybe it wants separate power for each. I don't know.

But anyway, the car ran well, but seemed a little down on power compared to the stock cam. Of course this is what you'd expect with less lift and duration, so if anything that is a good sign too. The Innovate AFR meter indicated rich when idling (FP is 43 BTW), but if that ratio is based on less air being introduced, then this might not be a problem, because less gas is being introduced as well.

So Monday will tell the tale, hopefully. If I don't get a CEL, then I will not abort the drive and will put in about 150 miles. If that works out well, I will try reducing FP to stock.
          Last edited by TominMO; 11-01-2013, 04:32 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• My bad o2 sensor on festiva would only pop a light occasionally, and only after about 2 miles of steady burn above 45mph. Your aspire ecu should be smarter than that. Your aftermarket wideband will at least have its heated circuits self contained and that wont be a problem.

as far as physical disty choices...lots of people have put in aspire engines into festivas and aside from the oil pans not matching (you use with engine complete) ive never read about having to change a distributor back and forth. I assume they used as much festivas pieces back onto their aspire engines on reinstall. This would go the other way as well. a 96/97 will have a crank sensor sticking out for obd2 but that is down there.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Going on a run tmw. Car seems to be running fine on the hwy; no CELs. This should be the definitive test for me of Matt's MPG cam! Definitely feels down on power, like a Metro XFI. But if I also get significantly better mileage, that's a trade I'm willing to make.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Hoping to hear good numbers from your Aspire MPG project. What were the mileage numbers for your new Hot Rod.
                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                  Hoping to hear good numbers from your Aspire MPG project. What were the mileage numbers for your new Hot Rod.
                  Haven't filled it up since the drive home. Windy conditions and going fast make it non-representative anyway. That car is really hard to drive @ 60 MPH--you always want to open it up!

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• I got a new post in my build thread.

Discussing the relation of local daily atmospheric pressure
                    And fuel pressure settings.

It may help you get closer to your desired goal.
                    Just trying to figure these things out with ya.

Good luck.
                    Hope you can get everything dialed in well.
                    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Hey chief here's some more info for your tuning.

Chances are your running e10.
                      Since almost every gas station is.
                      Your stoich target for %10 ethanol should be 14.13.
                      Whereas %100 gasoline is 14.63.

And I don't know what your trying to target for afr at wot.
                      But you should figure out what works best for the e10.
                      And not rely on %100 fuel targets that are often thrown around.

Unless you have a pure gas station nearby which I personally don't.

Just more variables for consideration.
                      Last edited by rmoltis; 11-04-2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Thanks rmoltis. Will look at it later. BTW I'm running 93 octane.

Sick today, no test drive, sorry. Just now getting over it.
                        Last edited by TominMO; 11-04-2013, 04:10 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• OK, all better now. But it's gonna rain all day today and up to about noon tmw. I'll try to get a run in tmw afternoon.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Hey!
                            I see in your signature the 93 festy...
                            Is that dickmeyers old car???

Comment

• Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                              Hey!
                              I see in your signature the 93 festy...
                              Is that dickmeyers old car???
                              Yep it is. I'm planning on bring it back from the brink of scrapping; but I want to check on some underbody rust first, esp. the upper rear strut supports, before I sink mucho dinero/tiempo into her.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• If the heart desires it, cost is no issue!

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X