No announcement yet.

B series intake manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to get this thing cleaned up and sent to its new home. Should look stunning after I brush the whole body of it down with scotch pad and get that cast piece non greasy

Comment

Who's doing the testing on it? if you're at liberty to say
      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

I forget the guys name, but he made that b3 engine dyno, was interested in running one up. But Tom is going to be my first buyer if he's still interested in my end product

Comment

Fujioko
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I'm excited for more with very similar designs on the bigger engines. Im looking at doing the same thing to the bp intake. Is love to do flange to plenum intakes from scratch, but it's not really cost effective on these older cars, no one would pay me for my time on that. So I'm going to use factory lower intakes were possible

Comment

I did a custom plenum for the BP: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...plenum-project

Never quite finished it or ran it. Ended up selling it for a song.

I still have the patterns somewhere

Rocketchips!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                I did a custom plenum for the BP: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...plenum-project

It looks nice. Everyone loves their vics intakes, but you cant see cylinder 1s port. It's a terrible upper manifold in my honest opinion, especially for a turbo setup. Or anyone wanting revs. I'm sure its great for low end torque, but everything about it screams no to me for peak rpm power. I would assume Mazda used a different intake on their turbo cars for a damn good reason.
                Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

Comment

Mazda went through a lot of trouble with this intake. The VICS system helped out tremendously on the BP, and had even more of an effect on the USDM KL V6 (also used a VICS intake)

For turbo use, the VICS isn't really helpful, most people tie them open. As far as boosted dyno results go, the VICS intake throws higher numbers than the GTX or GTR manifold (according to consensus on clubprotege, not personal experience), but it is larger and heavier so folks looking to simplify things go with the latter to clean things up.

Im not sure what the top-end numbers look like, the GTX/R would definitely beat it out up top, but that's not where the power is made on the B-Series engines.

Rocketchips!

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                    I forget the guys name, but he made that b3 engine dyno, was interested in running one up. But Tom is going to be my first buyer if he's still interested in my end product
                    Is there any way you can have a comparison test done, showing the difference in flow rates between stock intake and yours?
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                      Is there any way you can have a comparison test done, showing the difference in flow rates between stock intake and yours?
                      I wanted to run it up on a dyno, I may still

Comment

rocketman, do you remember any specs about that plenum you made, like total volume?

Comment

I think I was trying to shoot for 1.5x engine displacement with it, I can find the tooling and make some measurements.
                          I did that years ago, I would design and build it differently now, if I were to do it over

Rocketchips!

Comment

I know how you feel. You build something once, and then you realize it would have be easier/better a different way

Comment

Not necessarily - more research, design revisions, better fit / better looking parts.
                              And the acquisition of more tools. I made that tooling by hand. I would use the CNC router pretty heavily next go around

Rocketchips!

Comment

So how has this gone? Have you tried a manifold you made in a b3 yet? This sounds interesting! Are you able to make a manifold for a b3 that would make a noticeable power difference in the 3-4500rpm range on a stock motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X