No announcement yet.

Rosie - My 1992 Gl Automatic 2016 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is looking immaculate as always Sir! Keep up the great work.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
      She is looking immaculate as always Sir! Keep up the great work.
      Thanks.. All the rust is off the seat backs now so tomorrow I will paint them. After that I will put the cushions and covers back on...probably Wednesday or Thursday.

Comment

• Seat Pictures

Was going to post several pictures of the process of stripping the covers off, cleaning, painting seats and reinstalling but since my photobucket links are no longer working now we will see if this works.
        2017-07 Festiva Seat Covers (85).jpg2017-07 Festiva Seat Covers (84).jpg2017-07 Festiva Seat Covers (83).jpg2017-07 Festiva Seat Covers (88).jpg2017-07 Festiva Seat Covers (18).jpg2017-07 Festiva Seat Covers (80).jpg

The seat covers were in absolutely pristine condition. They came from a 1990 L Plus with only 50K original miles on it so had very little wear and were fresh as new when they came out of the washer. I replace all the metal tie down rods with some that I made using the little marker flag wires.
        The seats look and also smell like new. I brought Rosie to Madness last year and at this point I plan to bring Nellie this year (my yellow 90 LPlus) but I really would like everyone to see those seats in person.
        Last edited by 1990new; 07-09-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Ha, I see a cup holder. Seats look great.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
            Ha, I see a cup holder. Seats look great.
            Thanks..
            Yep that's the black one with the red tongue...they really come in handy.
            This week I'm going to finish cleaning up my new red hood and get it installed on Rosie too.
            I was going to edit the post to add a remark about the rear seat backing but I let 30 minutes pass before I did it so I'll add it here.

The rear seat backing was not in as good condition as the covers so I bought a 3 foot piece of grey indoor/outdoor carpeting from Lowes and cut a piece out of it... worked great. Have enough left over to make more.. maybe I'll make a few and bring them to Madness with me.
            Last edited by 1990new; 07-09-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Rosie will need to find a new home.

So it's decided.. My grandson will be getting Trixie instead of Rosie and I will hang on to Nellie for my other grandson (who is only 8 now).
              So now I have too many cars...my daughter bought a new Honda CR-V and gave us here Toyota Matrix (only 128K on it).
              That means I will have to find a new home for Rosie by next August (the optimum time for transfer since my daughter is paying the taxes and insurance on the Matrix until then).

I have put my heart and soul into Rosie during the last two year...plus a lot of dollars, but she really need to find an owner who will drive here daily and appreciate her.
              So I will be putting her up for sale at the beginning of Summer. In the meantime I will drive her a little every week and keep her in good shape for the new owner.
              Last edited by 1990new; 01-05-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• So will you have the Matrix and Bessie or is she gone already?

Jimmy Hawkins has a thing for buying Famous Festivas, maybe he will be interested.
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

So will you have the Matrix and Bessie or is she gone already?

Jimmy Hawkins has a thing for buying Famous Festivas, maybe he will be interested.
                  My youngest son has Bessie (1990 Surf Blue) in his garage in Louisville. He drives her occasionally. She suffered some scraping damage this past year to here right side while parked in a parking lot and of course there were not witnesses. Trixie will go to my oldest grandson here in Charleston at the end of this year.
                  So I will still have Nellie (1990 Yellow) and the Matrix at the end of this year. Jimmie took a long trip to get Pedro and had some bad luck along the way. I doubt he will be
                  looking for another restored Festiva any time soon. I've also put the word out locally that Rosie will be for sale this Summer and I suspect that Rosie may find a home close by.

Comment

• Jesse, did you get my pm?
                    -Donny
                    -1992 Festiva GL
                    B6D/E-series.
                    -1991 GL
                    BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

• Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
                      Jesse, did you get my pm?
                      Yep... got it and responded.

Comment

• Only 3 months before I have to switch the plates off Rosie. She will be sold before the end of August.
                        I just checked her odometer and she now has 10,300 on that new engine that I put in her back in 2016, so it's just getting broken in.
                        At first, I plan to list her on the local craigslist the first of June for a price beyond my bottom dollar.
                        If I get no bites at that price by the end of June, I'll adjust it some for locals I know and forum members.

Comment

• What a great car! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Comment

• I added the ad for Rosie to the Charleston SC Craigslist yesterday.
                            Here is the link to the ad. (Please disregard the title of this thread as she is now a 5 speed).
                            https://charleston.craigslist.org/ct...608211257.html

If she doesn't sell at $2900 during June from the Cragslist ad, I can drop the price a little after the end of June...but not much.
                            Anyone who whats first crack at it before the end of June will have to pay the full price though...she is worth it.
                            Last edited by 1990new; 06-05-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• One heck of a sales ad!

Hopefully someone on here will snatch it up.
                              sigpic

Comment

One heck of a sales ad!

Hopefully someone on here will snatch it up.
                                Appears someone has snatched it up Duke... Of course I gave them the option of backing out for any reason anytime until the money is transferred and the title is signed. I want the person who gets Rosie to really want her after they have seen her in person and driven her. I've been driving her for about two years now and she has performed really well for me (after I switched her to a 5 speed that is) and I'm pretty sure she will not disappoint the buyer.
                                I was rereading the thread and realized that the comment about 10,300 miles on that new engine is incorrect. I forgot that I had switched out the original cluster for a tach cluster which has about 7,000 more miles on it than the one that was in Rosie, so there are really only a little over 3,000 miles on the new engine.
                                Last edited by 1990new; 06-08-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X