No announcement yet.

Festy dyno vid 302 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I went to the track. But didn't run. The car is still acting up and not starting. I'm going to change the dizzy plug and hopefully it changes. Probably get a new harness. I put about 60 miles on the car. Hopefully I can get the dizzy working right.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• When does it start spooling and then hit full boost ?
      Does the car feel that much stronger ?
      Last edited by shadetree; 02-03-2016, 10:07 PM.
      New build on the way .

Comment

• Festy dyno vid 302 hp

It really hits around 5,000. The car is way faster. At 20+ lbs of boost its like a freight train. But the hit ends when you have to shift. So about the time you hit full boost its around 7000 rpms. It's too much for the street. At least to run it full throttle.
        Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 02-03-2016, 10:18 PM.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• I know a thing driven off the crank that could cut your turbo spool rpm in half

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          Last edited by bhearts; 02-03-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Festy dyno vid 302 hp

Boost is boost no matter how u split hairs.

I can build 10 lbs sitting there. Where's the lag?? Flat shift
            Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 02-03-2016, 10:38 PM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• If you installed a WOT box could your transmission handle it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Festy dyno vid 302 hp

When I'm sitting on the line at the track I hold the gas to the floor for about 12 seconds before I lift the clutch pedal. The car will build about 10-12 lbs of boost and I release the clutch. It's like standing on a land mine. When it hits it yanks the wheel out of your hands. The slicks are all traction.
                Where the trans gets broken normally is the transfer from 1-2 people will bang the gear and miss it a little and break the trans. You have to allow it to go together before forcing it. Like working with glass gears in the g-series with 375 hp.
                Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 02-03-2016, 11:05 PM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Festy dyno vid 302 hp

So maybe try a wot box or something similar. They are pretty cheap for what they do-allowing you to shift with full boost. If you build most boost up high itl pay off more i would think.
                  Lift off the gas for the 1-2 shift if thats the one thats a problem and then keep your foot on the floor for the other 2. But probably get the car running nice and fully tuned before something like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-03-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• If you were interested in nitrous you could use series pressure switches to set up a "logic" gate so that nitrous jet would spray anywhere from 3 inches of vacuum to 10psi boost. Maybe even just a 30 shot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by bhearts; 02-03-2016, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                      When I'm sitting on the line at the track I hold the gas to the floor for about 12 seconds before I lift the clutch pedal. The car will build about 10-12 lbs of boost and I release the clutch. It's like standing on a land mine. When it hits it yanks the wheel out of your hands. The slicks are all traction.
                      Where the trans gets broken normally is the transfer from 1-2 people will bang the gear and miss it a little and break the trans. You have to allow it to go together before forcing it. Like working with glass gears in the g-series with 375 hp.
                      This is good info on how not to break your transmission.
                      Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

• Water/Meth also reduces spool time significantly, but I'm not sure you want to reduce spool time on an 1800lb FWD car with 375hp. My experience tells me that your power curve is about right for traction and not breaking things. We aren't talking RWD here folks. Hooking up a FWD is always a dance of weight transfer. Too much too soon will results in slow times.

That being said. Anyone who has aggressively driven a festiva that could put down over 175 hp can vouch for me here. Using 375whp in a festiva is no joke!
                        I can't even imagine what that's like (and I used to earn a paycheck test driving 900hp Porsche cars.) Just from my experience, with the little bit of power I've had in one of these cars, Sonic could probably pull one of those Porsche cars. When Mike gets this thing sorted out, I might find an excuse to go to FL. so that I might check this out.
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-04-2016, 01:18 PM.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• 12 seconds bouncing off the limiter...thats gotta get things hot.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                            12 seconds bouncing off the limiter...thats gotta get things hot.
                            We don't need to hear about your sex life Brad.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Festy dyno vid 302 hp

Thread shut down!!!

Burned!!!!
                              Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 02-04-2016, 04:57 PM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• thud
                                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                                X