No announcement yet.

Festy dyno vid 302 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to say too the video is sent to me from another phone that audio is horrible. On my phone I don't hear all that difference in sound. I think the open downpipe was over doing the mic.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
      I didn't think I needed it with the extra pump. I added it before I had the pump. Also we kinked the drain line putting the turbo in and ran it 1 time and it lost some oil into the housing because it wasn't draining at all. Time was of the essence since I'm paying for it to sit on the dyno.
      Yeah, it takes awhile for all the oil to flush out too after that. You should use the restrictor.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The only thing that it smokes is wrinkle wallz and whatever is in the opposite lane at the strip
        Fixed it for ya
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Went to the track. Blew the motor first pass. I've been having spark issues. I shut the car off and it won't restart. This happened for the first time on the dyno Sunday. I wiggle the plug on the dizzy and it starts right up. Yesterday after I got done with tech at the track it did it again wouldn't start. Got out wiggled the dizzy plug and fired up. Well this probably had something to do with blowing the engine up. Made a pass car sounded like it was blowing spark out flooded the engine with fuel until it banged the rod out the block. I've got another motor I'm going to plug the oil squirters and space my oil pump and Carlos is making me a new harness. Hopefully be back in a week or 2.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Dang .... hard luck sometimes . Keep pushing .
            I was more interested in this response then the power ball numbers .
            New build on the way .

Comment

• Festy dyno vid 302 hp

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
              Dang .... hard luck sometimes . Keep pushing .
              I was more interested in this response then the power ball numbers .
              Haha yeah we were a little let down last night. Faulty components are a big deal at those pressures. It was popping like spark blow out. But that wasn't it, my plugs are indexed and never blow spark. I should have let out but we did 16 pulls on the dyno and it never missed. Then the dizzy plug starts acting up. Putting fuel with No spark is no good.
              Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 01-14-2016, 09:15 AM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Rough luck
                Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

• What's it mean to space an oil pump, and what's the theory behind plugin the squirts

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ditch the dizzy and switch to COP
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                      What's it mean to space an oil pump, and what's the theory behind plugin the squirts

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      I belive he means shimming the pressure relief spring for more oil pressure and plugging the squirters reduces parasitic losses from oil slinging. Plugging the squirters isn't a good idea with stock pistons, especially with boost. The oil being squirted under the pistons helps to cool them as well as helping to dampen harmonics. Also, the stock ring oiling setup and wrist pin setup both rely on the squirters for lubrication. If you remove the squirters you should use drilled rods and pistons with the proper ring oiling design.

Comment

• Too much oil leaves the pan when you are pushing the oil pump at 7500 rpms. I have heard all the stories too about the squirters but Carlos runs this setup on his 575hp bp. He has never slung a rod only cracked a piston @45lbs but at those numbers I can see the stock Pistons having issues. Trial by fire.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• That's amazing!

Comment

• I just got my Carlos'd bp let the work begin. Removed the mbsp too. All we can do is let it rip.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Too much oil leaves the pan when you are pushing the oil pump at 7500 rpms. I have heard all the stories too about the squirters but Carlos runs this setup on his 575hp bp. He has never slung a rod only cracked a piston @45lbs but at those numbers I can see the stock Pistons having issues. Trial by fire.
                              Was the engine failure spark related or oil related? Squirters do help a ton to cool pistons and to heat the oil so its not too thick to flow at 7500 rpm. Squirters are the second quickest way for the oil to get back to the pan. The over pressure relief is the quickest. So by increasing your max system pressure and blocking the squirters you actually take more oil out of the pan. What about a larger pan, a secondary reservoir, dry sump system or one of those big cans that shoot pressurized oil into your system when the pressure drops and refill themselves under high pressure? Theyre meant more for oil pressure loss during cornering but i think it would work the same for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• he already did the stuff to it so we will see.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X