No announcement yet.

Festy dyno vid 302 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have a b series adapter plate and a E153 sitting in the shop. Plate was cheap and the trans was free just had problems with it popping out of 5th. Probably will never go in anything but I have it just in case I decided to do something stupid. lol

edit- Just remembered I also have a kia fe3 sitting there too. lol
    Last edited by shorestiva; 12-12-2015, 02:10 AM.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Thurmond View Post
      So Charlie, are you implying to cut out the stock front crossbeam and replace with DOM or rectangle tubing would be the most beneficial suspension upgrade for the extra tq being applied?

This is one thing i have added on my jeep tj frame for crawling that has seriously helped.
      Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
      Yes. I used angle iron and it made a huge difference. It's pretty well documented on Tweaks rebuild thread and then Gomez did the same thing and documented it on his build thread. It hasn't been proven on a dragstrip yet, so sonic would be a good guinea pig for that. After driving a b6t car without the mod, and then driving the exact same car with the mod, I'm convinced it's a must for a high hp (over 120ft.lbs of tq) festiva.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Sweet definatly gonna go this route before i do my bp swap.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          I'm convinced it's a must for a high hp (over 120ft.lbs of tq) festiva.
          Sorry, that made me giggle. On most of the other boards I frequent you aren't cool unless you're making 600+, lol. The amazing thing is that these festivas will run with those cars just fine with 1/4 the power.

Comment

What I find hilarious is that with a day's worth of work you can make it out-handle any of the high-dollar cars. Tires, front brakes, suspension, lower rad support. Maybe $1K+ invested to spank the $60K+ cars. Add motor according to personal taste.
            Last edited by TominMO; 12-13-2015, 09:50 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Days worth of work. lol.
              Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by ZephTheChef View Post
                Sorry, that made me giggle. On most of the other boards I frequent you aren't cool unless you're making 600+, lol. The amazing thing is that these festivas will run with those cars just fine with 1/4 the power.
                Yeah, I thought of that when I was writing it. Lol. It's true though, a 180hp festiva is equal or slightly faster than a nearly 400hp NA miata (yes, in a straight line) and about equal with a c6 Z06 Corvette up till around 130-140mph. I have Tweak right now, for some service work, and I drove it a bit on saturday. I always forget how ridiculous that car is on the highway. It pulled dead even with a GTR and the guy was giving me the strangest look.
                I can't even begin to imagine what 300 plus hp feels like in one of these.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

That's 180 b6t hp right? I assume bp numbers are slightly different because of weight.
                  Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Spin fest. But slicks is wayyy fun!!
                    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

A new gtr?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to finish my up so bad it's crazy! But I'm gonna take my time and do it right and one time!
                        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
                          That's 180 b6t hp right? I assume bp numbers are slightly different because of weight.
                          The weight of a bp will be hardly noticeable, and most likely an advantage because it's in the right spot. A BPT is not much heavier than a b6t. The BP is harder to get to hook up though, but easier to make bigger numbers.

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                          A new gtr?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                          Looked like it was a couple years old, just the 400hp one, not a Nismo or anything, stock exhaust too. There is one in my complex that is 700hp, and not much can roll on that thing.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-14-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I've had a b6t and bpt. The b6t was a lot less tq. The bpt will blow the tires anytime. The b6t would just spin up top. It was still fun and I love being light weight. But I just pull my backseat and makes up for the difference in weight lol. The extra power is sweet. Still could go more.
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Tweak only spins in the rain, and that's only when provoked to do so, but that's only 180hp. What was done to your b6t Mike?
                              I want to find the perfect balance of TQ for the festiva chassis. It would be fun to put some road racing slicks on Sonic and see if that much TQ could be used on the road coarse. What do you think Mike?

Comment

Festy dyno vid 302 hp

I'm not sure Charlie, maybe sonic will have to make an appearance. You can pretty much drive it by spinning the tires to turn lol the car is stupid fast in a straight line.

Cone filter, Reich Ecu, open downpipe, 174hp on mustang dyno.
                                Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 12-14-2015, 05:01 PM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X