Festy dyno vid 302 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    The weight of a bp will be hardly noticeable, and most likely an advantage because it's in the right spot. A BPT is not much heavier than a b6t. The BP is harder to get to hook up though, but easier to make bigger numbers.

Looked like it was a couple years old, just the 400hp one, not a Nismo or anything, stock exhaust too. There is one in my complex that is 700hp, and not much can roll on that thing.
    Besides being 1/8th larger displacement. Does the bp have anything on the b6d?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      Besides being 1/8th larger displacement. Does the bp have anything on the b6d?

Yeah, the head flows better, and there are several different head options. There are more aftermarket cam options, there are better intake manifold and exhaust manifold options, the crank is forged and the block is set up for a girdle across the main caps and a nice windage tray.
      It's a stout engine, but suffers from an unfavorable rod ratio (mazda wanted to keep the height of the engine low, and short rods were necessary for this). This rod ratio is the root of the BPs tendency to shatter hardened parts like oil pump gears and transmission components, and causes traction issues at lower TQ numbers than the B6 engine. Both engines use the same rods, but the b6 has a shorter stroke, resulting in a more harmonically stable engine.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-14-2015, 05:50 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

this may hurt a little.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

No pain no gain!
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Are you still running the oem crossmember?

Comment

Yes.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

A new turbo?

Comment

Yeah just a big eBay. See if it spools.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Gotta love that v band. It makes mocking up a down pipe a diy instead of those strange oval shaped outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                      Gotta love that v band. It makes mocking up a down pipe a diy instead of those strange oval shaped outlets.

+1

Just did a bigger wheel, injectors, cp3, South Bend, and emissions delete on my cr vw.

V bands are the answer. So nice to work with.

I was 255mL of ash on 230k, cracked too. Out it goes.

4k$ to replace, or 1k$ to delete, and vw good will gave me $1k, I couldn't say no!

Got a nice deal on the turbo and clutch from darkside development.

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with cm11!

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                        +1

Just did a bigger wheel, injectors, cp3, South Bend, and emissions delete on my cr vw.

V bands are the answer. So nice to work with.

I was 255mL of ash on 230k, cracked too. Out it goes.

4k$ to replace, or 1k$ to delete, and vw good will gave me $1k, I couldn't say no!

Got a nice deal on the turbo and clutch from darkside development.

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with cm11!
                        Still waiting on my "good will" package.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                          Yes.
                          I think I just peed a little.

Mike, is that one of the ball bearing ebay chargers? I've been thinking about trying one of the gt30 variants of those. The anti surge looks exactly like that one you have there. I'm interested to see how this works. What were you running before?

Comment

Festy dyno vid 302 hp

I believe this is a gt35 copy. I'm not sure if it's the ball bearing version. It has a divided exhaust housing. Carlos (bp specialties) handed it to me and said put it on and try it. So we will see what happens. I was just using an old 80's mustang turbo but it was no match for the bp.
                            Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 12-22-2015, 07:28 AM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I think that old mustang t3 is a super60. This will be an interesting comparison. Anxiously waiting to see what happens next.

Comment

500 hp Charlie [emoji41]

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X