X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fudge
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    What size are your wheels and tires? Is the tire or wheel hitting the shock or knuckle?
    my tire size is 175/60/r13. It probably is hitting one of those things, possibly because of the slight camber? I will check as soon as I get home

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    What size are your wheels and tires? Is the tire or wheel hitting the shock or knuckle?

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    I checked my lca pinch bolts and I don't think thats the problem this time! I noticed when I hit even the slightest bump I hear this buckling noise. Also my tires are still scraping when I get over 25mph and I thought it was the rear but now we think its the front. I noticed that my coasting speed has decreased. Like when I'm going downhill and I put in neutral I go slow. It now sounds like my front left tire is hitting something every rotation. Like bump, bump, bump... but I can't see anything that would appear to make this noise. I put the tophat on but not a washer. I'll take pictures when I get home. how many things could possibly go wrong??

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Originally posted by fudge View Post
    in the front it sounds like popping and clicking. I have my rear coilovers more than halfway up and it's still scraping terribly when I turn or accelerate hard. Now I'm thinking these are bad noises. Once I raise my rear suspension all the way up im gonna test it and listen more specifically. But there are definitely a lot of new noises for me.
    Pictures of everything might help get a better diagnosis. Did you use the Tophat and put a washer on top of it before you bolted it to the Rio Strut mount?

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    in the front it sounds like popping and clicking. I have my rear coilovers more than halfway up and it's still scraping terribly when I turn or accelerate hard. Now I'm thinking these are bad noises. Once I raise my rear suspension all the way up im gonna test it and listen more specifically. But there are definitely a lot of new noises for me.
    Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    Double check all your bolts, the LCA pinch bolt needs to be tight! and can be the source of popping while turning.
    Yup^ happened to me, also cv shaft could be not in properly?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    Double check all your bolts, the LCA pinch bolt needs to be tight! and can be the source of popping while turning.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Hey guys I finished my setup, just gotta raise it up a little bit because my wheels were scraping lol. The handling is soooo good! I just had a question about all the clunky, squeaky, cracky noises I hear now. I assume not to worry about it but it's pretty constant so I cant help but think about it. Are these noises that I'm hearing normal and not bad?
    Where are they coming from?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• zoe60
    replied
    Mine kinda sounds like rubber suishing around in the rear sometimes. I loosened the top nuts some but haven't driven it yet. They didn't seem too tight though. Hope it helps. I can't believe how much better mine handles. Firm but not a harsh ride at all. I think I got 120 lbs in the front and 105's in the rear.
    Last edited by zoe60; 03-14-2017, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    I don't hear any noise after suspension install. Are your rear struts too tight to the body? Or so loose that there bouncing around making noise? I had a light squeak from my rears after installing but I had the drivers side to tight

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    Hey guys I finished my setup, just gotta raise it up a little bit because my wheels were scraping lol. The handling is soooo good! I just had a question about all the clunky, squeaky, cracky noises I hear now. I assume not to worry about it but it's pretty constant so I cant help but think about it. Are these noises that I'm hearing normal and not bad?

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    10-4 Just wondering

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    His car was pulled behind an RV for many years so there is a good chance it went up north at some point. and then stored in a swamp from the looks of it. There is no frame rust but all of the bolts are super hard to get off. It took us a Breaker Bar and a 2 foot pipe to get the Front Driver Lug Studs off... My 93 Florida car no rust at all, so I don't think the humid salty air causes much damage unless your right on the beach or something.
    Last edited by firebush357; 03-13-2017, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
    We tried to put Rear Coilovers on my little brother car last night but it seems like any bolt we try to take off of his has to be cut off... Rust makes things difficult sometime but with the right tool and some patience you can make it work eventually. I ended up using a Torch to break the bolt loose but then It got stuck inside the strut it self so I cut the Strut down by the base for more room and then took a Reciprocating Saw to the bolt. I did end up having to cut the bolt on both sides of the mount to get it out though.

Nuts and Bolts can be replaced, Don't be afraid to cut them off.
    Do you have rust from the humid salt air?

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    We tried to put Rear Coilovers on my little brother car last night but it seems like any bolt we try to take off of his has to be cut off... Rust makes things difficult sometime but with the right tool and some patience you can make it work eventually. I ended up using a Torch to break the bolt loose but then It got stuck inside the strut it self so I cut the Strut down by the base for more room and then took a Reciprocating Saw to the bolt. I did end up having to cut the bolt on both sides of the mount to get it out though.

Nuts and Bolts can be replaced, Don't be afraid to cut them off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X