X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by reddragon View Post
    I was trying to work out how they attach - the page says they bolt straight into a Mazda 121 Metro/Demio, which have the same suspension as WA festiva, though the pictures show 3 bolt mount to strut tower. There are two bolt versions though - the mazda 323 one looks like it would bolt straight in http://k-mac.com/ebay/images/480216J1/Image1.jpg
    This still has caster in it. I would love to find a unit like this that just has camber in it.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I was trying to work out how they attach - the page says they bolt straight into a Mazda 121 Metro/Demio, which have the same suspension as WA festiva, though the pictures show 3 bolt mount to strut tower. There are two bolt versions though - the mazda 323 one looks like it would bolt straight in http://k-mac.com/ebay/images/480216J1/Image1.jpg
    that does look nice. It would make quick adjustments easy.

Leave a comment:

• reddragon
    replied
    Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I have not actually seen any pictures of them mounted to a festy. They would require all new top mounts. Most people dont want to do that much work when they can just slot the bottom to get their adjustment. I would someday like to try a set with just camber adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Has anyone tried adjustable front strut mounts similar to these in a festiva? http://k-mac.com/product/mazda-2-121...ace-182516-4k/
    I have not actually seen any pictures of them mounted to a festy. They would require all new top mounts. Most people dont want to do that much work when they can just slot the bottom to get their adjustment. I would someday like to try a set with just camber adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• reddragon
    replied
    Has anyone tried adjustable front strut mounts similar to these in a festiva? http://k-mac.com/product/mazda-2-121...ace-182516-4k/

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Originally posted by RobotKarate View Post
    When slotting the top hole on the front coilover assembly, is it only necessary to elongate the hole toward the shock body or in both directions? Your cut looks a bit different than the example posted in the advance suspension thread. I'm about to do this upgrade!
    Here is what it should look like, original post has been updated.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    please do. My upper holes pulled out on me at autocross. I was lucky no damage was done. I felt it happen and got off the gas quick. i was lucky tho.
    Will do, glad you saved it in time!

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
    I can replace it with a picture of mine, they were made by Charlie himself
    please do. My upper holes pulled out on me at autocross. I was lucky no damage was done. I felt it happen and got off the gas quick. i was lucky tho.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    We might need to change that picture out to the correct way to slot the holes.

Guys dont slot like my picture. It is not safe. I had to go back and weld plates on and redo the holes. please slot the bottom hole up and the top hole in.
    I can replace it with a picture of mine, they were made by Charlie himself

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    We might need to change that picture out to the correct way to slot the holes.

Guys dont slot like my picture. It is not safe. I had to go back and weld plates on and redo the holes. please slot the bottom hole up and the top hole in.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by RobotKarate View Post
    When slotting the top hole on the front coilover assembly, is it only necessary to elongate the hole toward the shock body or in both directions? Your cut looks a bit different than the example posted in the advance suspension thread. I'm about to do this upgrade!
    I did mine wrong. i was drunk that night and having fun... dont do like mine.

you only need to go in towards the shock body.

Leave a comment:

• RobotKarate
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eviljimchicken
    replied
    Yay the pictures are back, i'm glad it's finally stickied! Will be very useful for new festiva owners.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Pictures are fixed! Thread has also been stickied for future reference, it deserves it.

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    Ahh gotcha, I thought it looked short compared to the 12"ers in the original post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X