This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
    is there any factory or race suspension design that automatically toes one side out and the other side in depending on which direction the car is being turned? would this give more ultimate control than both sides toed in?
    don't know why i said "toe" in this question. no wonder i got some weird replies. i did mean to say CAMBER. especially as it applies to the rear. in other words, if some neg camber on the left wheel helps counteract the g forces in a right hand turn, would you get ultimate handling if at the same time the right wheel took on an equivalent pos CAMBER?

Comment

Mercedes did that with a concept car a few years ago but did it with the front wheels F400 carve
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The car in hard cornering is trying to unload the inside wheels though, right? I would imagine the inside wheels don't do much, especially in the rear of these cars.
        Last edited by sketchman; 04-17-2016, 07:37 PM.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

The rear does a lot more than you'd think. The stock shocks and springs are too soft for aggressive driving.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            The rear does a lot more than you'd think. The stock shocks and springs are too soft for aggressive driving.
            And way too long. If you take 3" out of the stock shocks the car handles much better.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
              The car in hard cornering is trying to unload the inside wheels though, right? I would imagine the inside wheels don't do much, especially in the rear of these cars.
              This is mostly true. Which is why the handling improves so much with negative camber. The wheel with all the weight is not only more flat in a curve, it's also pointing the car in the right direction.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

thanks for input. can't help but space out some times thinking weird theories. easier than actually doing something and disproving weird theory.

Comment

thanks for input. can't help but space out some times thinking weird theories. easier than actually doing something and disproving weird theory.
                  Story of my life. Lol

Comment

now who gonna believe DAT? even if i developed a methamphetamine addiction and lived to 100 i doubt i could get a 1/4 the tinkerin you've shown on these pages. i could blame it on the 5 months of winter hibernation each year but it's really just bein lazy. ah well, you do inspire.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

.....even if i developed a methamphetamine addiction and lived to 100.....
                        I think these two are pretty much mutually exclusive! ;-)
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have taken the suspension off of Stress Relief and put it on Lucifer. I then test drove Stress to make sure it was all working as it should. Pulling out of the drive way i was like WTF is wrong with this thing! The suspension listed in the thread is night and day from stock. The rims and tires i put on it. The rio brakes and steering rack. After just one trip around the block i cant see how i ever liked driving the stock festiva! This car stock is a NO NO. Spend a bit of cash and time on your ride and you will be much much happier!
                          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                          1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                          19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

+1
                            Stock Festivas are almost scary to drive.

Comment

when is the kit coming??

Comment

Originally posted by errjam View Post
                                when is the kit coming??
                                Ill pull mine off the car and send to you...
                                1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                                1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                                1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                                19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X