Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iriegnome
    replied
    Blew a fuseable link today on my 1992 Festie Loaner vehicle. I am using my Father-In-Laws until the parts come in for mine :-). Anyway, blew the main fuse link. I used a PAL fuse in it's place. Don't know if it is a proper fix, but the car started and worked, so I guess it was a success!!

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    ^sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    "Dropped" the new-to-me B6-ME in today.

Didn't expect so much aggravation from it. Really blew my mind. Hoping the B3 ECU and fuel injectors and VAF will keep it happy-ish till I can get a more permanent solution installed.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER attempt to install the engine with the trans in the car again. I know people say it's no big deal, but I just can't do it, and I wasted 1/2 a day trying. So...
    Ha ha ha I feel the same way! It was so much easier to pull the trans. Hardest part, lining up the bolt on the rear trans mount.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    "Dropped" the new-to-me B6-ME in today.

Didn't expect so much aggravation from it. Really blew my mind. Hoping the B3 ECU and fuel injectors and VAF will keep it happy-ish till I can get a more permanent solution installed.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER attempt to install the engine with the trans in the car again. I know people say it's no big deal, but I just can't do it, and I wasted 1/2 a day trying. So...

Leave a comment:

• MTec007
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Never. Heck, how many cars made in the past 20 years can go a mile without an alternator?
    My wife's 02 protege 5 went probably a half a mile with a missing alternator belt. Granted I had to shut the car off several times and wait because the same belt drives the water pump and the car got hot pretty fast. But two weeks later the battery was dead.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Buying a new car?
    Never. Heck, how many cars made in the past 20 years can go a mile without an alternator?
    Last edited by Spike; 08-05-2014, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Noticed a bad leak at the fitting on the passenger rear wheel cylinder. =/

Didn't know anything was wrong till my brake light turned on during the drive home, and looked under and the whole inside of the rear passenger wheel was soaked in brake fluid. Great, and Wednesday it is going on a 500 mile trip....

I just hope the fitting came loose and I just need to tighten it up.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Buying a new car?

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Replaced alternator with new about 3 months ago.. tonight the main power wire decided to turn to ash. I had everything necessary to re-wire it on me, so figured it would take me a few minutes and back on the road. Got my 10mm socket, barely touched the bolt, and it snapped right off!$#@!

Thus, I got someone to jump me up to a full battery, made sure all the lights were off, and planned on breaking down on the way home.
    55 miles and 67 minutes later, here I am. Gotta love Festiva power; didn't miss a beat. I did notice my turn signals were incredibly dim, and my brake lights likely weren't visible when being used. Battery read 9.57V according to my tester. I would figure the Weber and lack of ECU helped a good bit.

So any guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Good mileage! Was that with the BP?

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    OK, just got from my 500+ mile test drive with new struts all around, new bump stops in the rear, and finally after years I have rear brakes to.
    Stopped and picked up my IP for my 6.2L diesel.
    While in sort of in the area, stopped in at the Gomez family ranch and pickup some parts to be transported down south.
    averaged 45.3 MPG for this little trip.
    Last edited by Pu241; 08-03-2014, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    I finally got the Aspire engine set in the engine bay of the GL Sport. Wont be long, I might get to drive it again
    Last edited by drddan; 08-03-2014, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CUCUY
    replied
    I tore down the rear brakes, replaced the wheel cylinders, shoes, bearings/race, seals and cotter pins.
    Bled them real good and now have nice clean brake fluid on all 4 corners.

Leave a comment:

• iriegnome
    replied
    I just tore down the whole front brake system and will be replacing the front wheel bearings, rotors, brake pads, control arm bushings and will be finishing it all off with an oil change

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Lot's of people installing A/C. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X