Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bravekozak
    replied
    The weather bomb missed Toronto completely. Celebrated by getting my Festiva ready for spring.
    I will be trying out the new coilover suspension setup in about a month from now. I have to make sure all of the salt on the roads and highways is completely washed away.
    Installed titanium M6 nuts to hold down both carbies. Looks great. Bling, bling.

Measured the rubber fuel line from the fuel filter to the regulator.
    I have decided to change it to a -6 Teflon lined one.
    I am just going to stop at City Industrial and have them cut me exactly the length that I need from Aeroquip hose. They also have all of the fittings for Teflon lined hoses.
    Has anyone else replaced their in line fuel filter with one that can come apart for cleaning?
    How do Autoparts Germany manage to ship out of Guangdong, China?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-03-2018, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanza
    replied
    It did need to be sprayed with PB Blaster, and torched a bit to break it loose, but it didn't take much yanking after those two steps. Next job was to replace the fuel filter, check the control arms (need replacing), and to adjust the timing back a bit to try and stop the pinging that happens at half throttle and up. After adjusting, engine is running very smooth, and is rev-happy, as opposed to the seeming soft wall that it was hitting at about 3500rpm before.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanza View Post
    Today I decided that I'd had enough of 27mpg *hack cough snort vomit*

New o2 sensor, installed. The old one was practically welded in, I suspect it was the original.
    You are luck to have gotten it out. I've had great difficulty getting them out with the manifold out of the car in a vice on the bench.

Today I watched (and helped a little) the guy from Safelite remove and install a new windshield in Trixie. I had already removed the molding and clips and the wipers as well as cleaned out the channels around the windshield. At first he said he would have to come back later because he didn't have the right clips to put the molding back on.. but luckily I had order a bunch of clips about this time last year.
    He did a great job putting the new one in.
    Last edited by 1990new; 02-23-2018, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanza
    replied
    Today I decided that I'd had enough of 27mpg *hack cough snort vomit*

New o2 sensor, installed. The old one was practically welded in, I suspect it was the original.

Leave a comment:

• loudrango
    replied
    Gutted the festy and put in sound deadening.Put headliner,carpet,and seats back in afterward.Next made templates for subwoofer box.On the road to that 160 decibel mark

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Installed aluminum pro-bolts for my valve cover today. Also installed one stainless capacitor hold down screw out of a bag of fifty.
    Looks like I will be giving away these puppies at Ohiostiva.
    Removed a mouse nest from the right hand side of the plenum.
    Replaced it with Bounce sheets.
    Bolted up my new muffler and did a full warmup on the engine.
    Getting ready for spring.
    Ordered some nut/stud covers for the two inner rear front seat mounts.
    I will be giving away the extras at Ohiostiva.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Rebuild My Steering Rack

Today I got the 92 Festiva steering rack down from the rafters, removed the old inner tie rod ends, cleaned it up and flushed out the old grease and grime and the pieces of the old nylon bushing.
    The rack gears are still very tight with no damage at all to the gears. Here is a picture. I have new accordion boots too but forgot to include them in the picture.
    I will repack it and put it back together tomorrow. (Also have new outer tie rod ends for it).
    Festiva Steering Rack Rebuild.jpg
    Last edited by 1990new; 02-19-2018, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    In the last week, I've bought new tires for my 90, replaced the under warranty radiator. Tires came from tires-easy.com, my first time using them.
    I bought the Federal Formosa Gio's, 165/55/14. Approx 205 shipped. Up next, check suspension and struts,bearing, etc. Current miles, 397800.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 02-15-2018, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dex~
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    First warm day today! Put the battery back in. Started no problem!

Cut the long tube sticking out from under the air cleaner with a hacksaw. Looks good.

My god it's clean under that hood, I feel like I've brought shame to my family with the way mine looks right now

Leave a comment:

• Dex~
    replied
    I was supposed to get tires but they had to order the size I needed (155/80R12's in my case) and they haven't showed up at my local Belle Tire yet, so I went and bought some more tools and jack for the Suburban and replaced a few burnt out bulbs.

Waiting on the new lifters, valve cover gasket, and tune-up kit from rockauto, there's a million threads here about fixing the space cadet shifter so I'll start reading through those and figuring out where I want to go with that, it's day 3 and I've mostly gotten used to fifth gear being in the glovebox now lol but I don't like it

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Today I made a garage thread, telling what I did today. Today! Today is a new day!
    Cliff Notes is I went to the Pick-A-Part and scored a gauge cluster and made a Pick-A-Part man date for next week with a co-worker

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Cool

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    First warm day today! Put the battery back in. Started no problem!

Cut the long tube sticking out from under the air cleaner with a hacksaw. Looks good.

Changed to smaller terminals and wired in my RX7 convertible top switch to use for my power locks.
    Works great.
    Two always hot wires (for open & close) + a ground.

Last edited by bravekozak; 02-14-2018, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Last night i got my new blue car morning-star out and test drove her for a bit. She runs good. Needs a valve cover gasket and some basic love. Thats about it.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    Did new gas help?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Yes that was the problem I should not doubt my head swapping skills. I have never experienced bad gas before except in motorcycles. Thanks to those who asked about it

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X