Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed the Gorilla Automotive Parts wheel studs & lug nuts on the front .
    I had bought Empi studs but broke 2 when tightening the lug nuts, will not every trust Empi again , they were hollow.
    Gorillas are lifetime garunteed.

Leave a comment:

• DrMaxwellEdison
    replied
    I acquired this car from my dad. I don't much care for the mechanics he does business with, I've had to rework a bunch of crap on this car. I've done this on 2-3 out of the Festivas in my stable. Granted I don't like doing axles and stuff it still doesn't make me miss shelling out the cash for parts on my Volkswagen that is sitting where this Festiva used to sit all day not being used.... can't see why dad never opened the funtop. I'm looking for replacement parts for that but have been unlucky. It has a logo for ASC (tm) but I haven't found any information on that company or what the initials stand for

Leave a comment:

• villageidiot
    replied
    Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
    Started hearing noises coming from the driver side axle.... not looking forward to wrestling with that pain in the keister.... it's the knuckle side joint, but I have a feeling someone probably smashed the clip on the tranny side...
    Over the weekend I did the suspension on my brothers car, including axles..... I had bad thoughts going in, the axles on my former festiva were a BEAR to get out, wrestle, fight, cuss, bigger pry bars...... These on this car, just popped right out. The driver side axle came out of the inner cv, so when I popped the cv out the trans, it nearly hit me in the face.

Leave a comment:

• DrMaxwellEdison
    replied
    Started hearing noises coming from the driver side axle.... not looking forward to wrestling with that pain in the keister.... it's the knuckle side joint, but I have a feeling someone probably smashed the clip on the tranny side...

Leave a comment:

• 88festivasam
    replied
    Did the Rio swap. Had to "gently" modify the fenders.lol then bolted on some 16's. Soon to come b6t swap! Possibly next week. Lots o pics too. And maybe some rear wheel spacers so I can quit staring at the sky.haha
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    First I measured (for an exact fit Festiva cover), then I sucked (all of the air out of my A/C system). I intend to sew my own cover and charge my own R-12.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Complete tear-down on my intake manifold for good measure. Re-wrapped the injector harness, re-did the seals, changed out the gaskets, etc.

Leave a comment:

• villageidiot
    replied
    round 2: ding!

got the new rear drums on/wheel bearings replaced.
    changed the rear brake hoses, put the rear wheels on

removed front knuckles, rebuilt with new bearings.

found out i need new calipers up front, so i gotta order some.

replaced steering rack boots and tie rod ends, replaced both axles and axle seals, replaced lower control arms

fitted the struts, got it all together and back on the wheels.

round 3 to come next weekend
    -fill trans
    -engine oil change
    -calipers, and front hoses, fit pads
    -plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter
    -torque axles, set rear bearing preload
    -refit all the rear interior panels after doing the rear struts
    -service a/c system on the big a/c machine.

then itll get a full wash/wax/interior clean and driven a few days, at which point i'll hand the keys over to my kid brother, and he'll have himself a sweet 1990 Lplus, with sunroof, and a/c

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Put my new to me dd BP on the engine stand and started to clean it. Blasted parts and then painted parts. Gonna be nice. It is ta Protege BP so I will probably build that one and leave the EGT BP (currently in the car) as it sits.

Started sorting out some engine mounts for the build car, gettin ready to start fabbing up another set. Wanna move it into the drivers frame rail about a 1/8". Got the notch marked out and will start cutting ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Started it!

Leave a comment:

• villageidiot
    replied
    Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    Ya about the rust comment, now your just showing off, come to Iowa and i'll show you what it's like to remove a rusted strut bolt.
    I have a smoke wrench. I know how. I work on 50s and 60s benz's for a living, know all about rust.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Ya about the rust comment, now your just showing off, come to Iowa and i'll show you what it's like to remove a rusted strut bolt.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    sounds like fun!

Leave a comment:

• villageidiot
    replied
    round 1

put the car on the hoist,

popped off all 4 wheels, front struts. took tires to tire shop for some new maxxis 202-a's, took the struts to a friends shop to swap springs onto new KYB's and new strut mounts

pulled the rear brakes apart, popped off spindles, and drilled them for cotter pins. replaced shoes, cylinders, and hardware, pulled the rear struts, put in new KYB's and new upper bushings.

best part, not a single lick of pb blaster/penetrating oil needed on this ultra dry southern california car.

had to quit early to help a work mate get the heads on his 5.0 in the 66 mustang.

will start round 2 tomorrow.............

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Ran the a/c with the heater-core closed off by a valve, and blowing at a cool 45F.

Woo!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X