Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defprun
    replied
    iac bung rtv'd

ziptied the vcis solenoids together so they dont get caught in the timing belt lol.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Nothing ... it's raining

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
    I like the way it looks.
    It only needs the Mazdaspeed billet aluminum oil filler cap to finish it off.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-25-2014, 07:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leapin
    replied
    Replaced my lifters and gave the old valve cover a paint job.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Nice

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied

I like the way it looks.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Today I began removing the AC components from Bessie. Removed Compressor, Hoses, Receiver/Dryer. Did an exterior cleanup on the hoses and compressor.
    Tomorrow I will remove the Evaporator from the inside and get everything cleaned up flushed out and ready to go back together. I will be installing a rebuild compressor, new receiver dryer and new expansion valve. The rebuilt compressor did not come with a manifold so I will be switching the manifold from the old compressor. Since the rebuilt compressor arrived without oil, I will used the recommended PAG 46 oil when I'm ready to recharge the system with R134a.

Leave a comment:

• twopass
    replied
    Scored a sweet running B6 from an old mercury tracer for free .Me likes free hehe

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Not really to but for,

Coming along nicely. I have a couple questions posted in build thread if someone wanted to answer them that would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by william View Post
    Tried to clean my fusible link block cracked it trying to get out the wires, luckily I have an extra one,bad thing is I still can't get them dang 2 wires pulled.
    They all Came right out of the replacement block.

Look carefully at this picture. Firstly you need a terminal remover, and not a screwdriver. There are two tangs on the outside spades that must be depressed (from the top) in order for the terminal to be released. There are single tangs on the the three wire terminals that also have to be depressed in order to release. Good luck.

Of course, there is always the easy way out.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-23-2014, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Just spent an hour looking for the set of rear spindle nuts "I know I had".
    I did, but not were I recall I left them "so I could find them".
    And then when you inevitably give up and swipe a pair from a junkyard, you'll find them when you're looking for your Dremel or some D batteries for the flashlight a week or two later.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Just spent an hour looking for the set of rear spindle nuts "I know I had".
    I did, but not were I recall I left them "so I could find them".

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    Tried to clean my fusible link block cracked it trying to get out the wires, luckily I have an extra one,bad thing is I still can't get them dang 2 wires pulled.
    They all Came right out of the replacement block.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Need a protege MC because mine is pooched and just ordered a "step down" silicone coupling so I can finally start and run the car for more than 3 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Bad day today. Power steering pressure gauge read zero with wheels straight, turned to the left, turned to the right and with the valve closed. I presume the gauge is broken. I will test it with compressed air tomorrow. Power steering not working properly. Still requires muscle to turn the wheel.

Replaced old style A/C switch with new style one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X