Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walth View Post
    PRONTO!
    ahhhh...the Ford Pronto, I love the station wagon version with the small little round windows in the back. I even liked the fast back version with the gas tank right up against the bumper that were known to catch on fire when hit from behind. The memories.....thanks...
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• the pinto had that problem too didn't it?

yesterday and today I built a very nice and sturdy bench for so far 70 dollars. I'll post a pic when I'm further along with it and I get the garage a little more organized. making room to continue rebuilding my early gen b6 and working on the gray festiva I have and am changing from auto to manual
      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
        the pinto had that problem too didn't it?

yesterday and today I built a very nice and sturdy bench for so far 70 dollars. I'll post a pic when I'm further along with it and I get the garage a little more organized. making room to continue rebuilding my early gen b6 and working on the gray festiva I have and am changing from auto to manual
        really? I thought the Pinto was a horse....never knew they blew up when hit from behind.
        Also not sure why you would build a study bench. I just sit at the table or on the couch to study.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Fixed my gtx. It was running rough when I bought it and would not boost at all. Thought maybe it had a bad megasquirt tune. Turned out that the vacuum line to the ecm was not hooked up. Win! Craigslist I love you.
          Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post
            Im picking these wheels up on Friday. They will be my auto-x setup. 205-40-16 BFG g-force kdw on 16" wheels. My fenders are slightly rolled and I couldn't get them to rub on my short test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            God, how do you turn that thing!? Does it have power steering?
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Making mental notes about the little issues:

Pulls to the right under moderate braking, trends to lock right rear (thinking prop valve)

Aspire engine swap needs attention... Occasional sputter/stall, no restart for several minutes. Still had spark, but floods fuel while cranking.

Want to see if MK2 golf suspension will fit easily enough.

Exhaust leaks in a couple places.

RPM hangs between shifts sometimes, doesn't cut fuel on decel right away. Takes 2-10 seconds for full decel.

Comment

• Made more progress on Izzystiva today. Replaced busted coolant hose and rotted vacuum hose. Fuel pump from junkyard car didn't work, so I swapped the old fuel pump into the junkyard car's pump module and now have working pump AND sender.
                Interior is all back together. Only things remaining there are ignition switch and lock, wiper module, horn switch. Bumper painting is.. eh. Front one is coming out well and is ready for clear coating. Rear bumper needs to be sanded. Paint is flaking off with all the previous layers. Grille as well.
                Headlights need aiming. 4x more shifter bushings coming for the transmission end of the shaft.
                Tomorrow: rear end teardown. Noisy bearing, especially over 60MPH. Hopefully its a rear one. Parking brake holds car but does not stop car or lock wheels.
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

I had that same tire on my old 300zx, i was always happy with those BFG's..... although mine were 205/30/20's and about $400 each :shock:

And BTW, the rims are WWWAAAAYYYYYYY better then those old ones

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    I had that same tire on my old 300zx, i was always happy with those BFG's..... although mine were 205/30/20's and about $400 each :shock:

And BTW, the rims are WWWAAAAYYYYYYY better then those old ones
                    Oh man, nobody likes my Chrysler orange vx wheels? I spent a lot of time stripping and powder coating those. Lol They are still my daily wheels, the 16"s are just for fun and racing.
                    And I do not have power steering, but I do have rio strut bearings. It's not easy to turn but I can muscle it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                      really? I thought the Pinto was a horse....never knew they blew up when hit from behind.
                      Also not sure why you would build a study bench. I just sit at the table or on the couch to study.
                      not "study" but "stuRdy" lol

I'm adding you to FB so you can see my new bench hahaha
                      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Oh man, nobody likes my Chrysler orange vx wheels? I spent a lot of time stripping and powder coating those. Lol They are still my daily wheels, the 16"s are just for fun and racing.
                        And I do not have power steering, but I do have rio strut bearings. It's not easy to turn but I can muscle it around.

Those vx rims are my absolute least favorite style of rims, no matter what color they are, no offense though

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Three things I did over the weekend.
                          1. Replaced the front struts... night and day difference.
                          2. replaced the PCV... no more oil burning smell.
                          3. Replaced all four tires.

Comment

• Turn signal/marker light mod. :thumbright:

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
                            91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                            92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                            95 Grand Prix SE DD
                            Wife's Stuff:
                            89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                            97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                            Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Damkid doesn't know what he's talking about! lol :p Those VX Wheels are sweet man! Love the colour too!

Well okay, it's all personal preference, I guess Damkid's entitled to his...

Comment

• ^^ya ya :p I wasn't trying bash the VX wheels to the point that no one ever uses them again, I'm just saying I'll never buy a set of those, ever

Oh and uh, I ordered a megasquirt for my festiva today :evil4: let the turbo games begin, finally
                                Last edited by Damkid; 11-17-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X