Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I guess I will start with the temp sensor connector.
    That isn't going to help your MPG or heat situation.

You might want to check the temp sensor for the ECU which is on the passenger side of the intake manifold with a green connector. I don't know if it can be tested or even what the specs are, but it can cause poor MPG.
    Have you checked the spark-plugs to see if it's running rich?
    I'm assuming your driving a 5 spd.

Pics of grill block on the way, just have to upload them to photobucket!
    Last edited by Pu241; 12-01-2011, 01:08 PM.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• I replaced the ECU temp sensor a few months ago.
      I was going to clean up the gauge sender for a more accurate gauge reading to better see how the engine is heating and cooling.

I am running rich based on exhaust smell. Sometimes very strong and noticeable in car in summer. And not gas tank fumes. I have been unable to correctly set my timing to ANY of the marks. I have reset and replaced the timing belt but still can't get things to line up between the pulley and cover marks. My car has great power and decent mileage, but I want to squeeze out every last drop.

Thanks for your help Plutonium.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Let it snow

Put these on today.Let it snow!
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Put on two new 155 80 R12s and later that night, somehow broke my rear trans mount... It just shakes a lot in drive but not at all in reverse or when decelerating by downshifting into second.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
            Put on two new 155 80 R12s and later that night, somehow broke my rear trans mount... It just shakes a lot in drive but not at all in reverse or when decelerating by downshifting into second.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Yesterday, brought #8 (Festevil) home.

Today, pulled the carb and head the rest of the way off.

Cleaning up the head.

The block and pistons were actually a lot cleaner than I expected them to be after sitting for a year with the head partially removed.

Looking forward to getting it fixed, if nothing else its giving me an excuse NOT to work on the Mitsu since its been getting me really really frustrated lately lol.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Installed my new KDM tail lights I got from 25Horseplay!
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• civic coilovers, Vw airdams front and rear, Flat blacked stock wheels, honda fart can muffler, made and adapter for a K&N webber carb air filter and mounted it to MAF.

Comment

• Paid for the tow bill... It'll be getting the engine yanked mercilessly soon.

Comment

• Opened the garage door to show my buddy the turbo setup

I been working 12-14 hour days this week so I haven't had time to work on either car

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some garage time

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                        Installed my new KDM tail lights I got from 25Horseplay!
                        no pics?
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Installed new distributer cap & rotor, flushed cooling system & refilled with anti-freeze. Could not find plain Cascade , used Preston flush.
                          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• I bought some from walmart a few weeks ago and did the flush. worked well!

today I switched to my 2nd gen miata 7 spoke wheels. they're dirty from the previous owner over a year ago but I still like them! they look awesome
                            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Imbed the pic Walth!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X