Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat a turbo diesel
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

• Removed, dissembled, and cleaned the driver's side dome light switch with a wire brush.. The light was working intermittently and it works great now.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Went out and made some 1/8 mile power passes, tried to log my pass with my phone dyno app but forgot to change the weight from 3300lbs to 1760 so the results got screwed lol told me 507h/p and 496 ft lbs lol yeah right hahahahahahahaha
        1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• lol
          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I changed the clutch cable on my car.......... again......... i'm bringing a spare with me to FM5 and picking up another one while i'm there........... i'll be converting my festiva to hydraulic clutch over the winter for sure

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• is it really that bad? does the KLZE go through cables?
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• :lol: it's the clutch adapter, the first version put way too much sideways stress on the cable causing it to break........ each time it's broke, i've welded some threaded rod onto it to patch it up to re-use it, probably creating weak points in it due to the heat.......... i've also re-worked my clutch bracket probably 3 times and i was sure i had the bugs worked out but with a weak cable, it's hard to tell for sure......... so now i just lost patience with it, and just want a reliable setup and at this point, that means converting to hydraulic
                Last edited by Damkid; 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                  Nice welds rollercoaster!
                  Thanks, after a couple years of on and off tig welding I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not ashamed of my beads. I will be installing a functional hood scoop, but with a cable operated flap that will allow me to close it in rain or snow. I need to figure out how I'm going to do it first though.

I did manage to finish the welds on the air cleaner tonight. I need to pick up some hardware tomorrow and install it after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post
                    Thanks, after a couple years of on and off tig welding I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not ashamed of my beads. I will be installing a functional hood scoop, but with a cable operated flap that will allow me to close it in rain or snow. I need to figure out how I'm going to do it first though.

I did manage to finish the welds on the air cleaner tonight. I need to pick up some hardware tomorrow and install it after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Man! How much would you charge for a nice little battery box? Pm me if ya want
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• You'll like the hydro clutch Chris. Still swinging my my place on the way to FM5?

Did more work on the headliner for the funtop... this thing is taking forever... it better look nice and not leak!
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                        You'll like the hydro clutch Chris. Still swinging my my place on the way to FM5?

Did more work on the headliner for the funtop... this thing is taking forever... it better look nice and not leak!
                        Pics! Did mine recently too. Would love to see your work!
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• lol you wouldn't want to see it right now... the original fabric on the under side of the top was trashed. it disintegrated when I pulled on it... so i'm working on a replacement out of white vinyl. I did most of it with a machine but I didn't want to pull the ribs and frame apart so I'm attaching it the old fashioned way to the rib loops... hand sewn...
                          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Took off my heat shield to paint it, but I'm lost, there's so many conflicting stories all over the interwebs about wether or not 500 degree high heat paint will work I don't know if I should attempt it or not, and on top of that I don't know if i need high temp primer, which I have yet to find... anybody here ever done this before?

Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-26-2011, 11:51 PM.
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• use silicone based 2000 degree paint.

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                                Took off my heat shield to paint it, but I'm lost, there's so many conflicting stories all over the interwebs about wether or not 500 degree high heat paint will work I don't know if I should attempt it or not, and on top of that I don't know if i need high temp primer, which I have yet to find... anybody here ever done this before?

http://i52.tinypic.com/hrakoz.png

This is what I used, in the aluminum color. Says it's good for 2000*. I didn't use primer, but I'm cheap.
                                BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Working...
                                X