Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiver
    replied
    Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
    I went to the local Junkyard this weekend because it was a 50% off weekend. Ended up pulling Aspire Calipers, Knuckles, Booster and Master Cylinder. I though about pulling the Rear Beam and Brakes but they had the car sitting on the mounting points for the Beam. Everything went pretty quickly because someone had already pulled the Trans out of the car so I didn't have to worry about the Axle Nuts.

These brakes will probably end up on a car that will be built for Towing small trailers and camping. My question is whether it would be worth it to go back and try to get the Rear Beam for braking purposes not lug pattern?
    The rear brakes do make a big difference in my opinion

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    I went to the local Junkyard this weekend because it was a 50% off weekend. Ended up pulling Aspire Calipers, Knuckles, Booster and Master Cylinder. I though about pulling the Rear Beam and Brakes but they had the car sitting on the mounting points for the Beam. Everything went pretty quickly because someone had already pulled the Trans out of the car so I didn't have to worry about the Axle Nuts.

These brakes will probably end up on a car that will be built for Towing small trailers and camping. My question is whether it would be worth it to go back and try to get the Rear Beam for braking purposes not lug pattern?
    Last edited by firebush357; 05-30-2017, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Nothing better to do today, except grind and file the corners on my battery hold down bar before taking it to get chromed.
    Bling bling.
    Nice

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Nothing better to do today, except grind and file the corners on my battery hold down bar before taking it to get chromed.
    Bling bling.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-20-2017, 04:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I painted my Aspire calipers.
    I decided to paint My Dodge Caravan calipers too!

I also started to assemble my hard fuel lines.
    You really need a vice with a groove in it to firmly hold the tube while cutting.
    I prefer a Ridgid #10 tubing cutter.

The other tools needed are a tube bender and a 37 degree flaring tool.
    Nice, as always. Jack Byrd

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I painted my Aspire calipers.
    I decided to paint My Dodge Caravan calipers too!

I also started to assemble my hard fuel lines.
    You really need a vice with a groove in it to firmly hold the tube while cutting.
    I prefer a Ridgid #10 tubing cutter.

The other tools needed are a tube bender and a 37 degree flaring tool.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-14-2017, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    just a little project but more involved than i expected and a lot of overtime at work leaves little time to work a hobby. all new pieces from 4G. this was changed from a leaded fill pipe without flapper and a metal cap to meet US requirements.

Leave a comment:

• Greywolf
    replied
    Friends and nefarious co-conspirators, I have been away for a while. Let me tell you what I have been doing in the slack time:

1) I bought $159.oo worth of wikkid paint and supplies for the B6T
    2) I went on a RAID to Harbor Freight in Memphis TN and grabbed a STUD WELDER and an Inline Sander*
    3) I also grabbed another engine stand and some more jack stands
    4) I realized I had a quart of Dupont Chroma Base paint that I can shoot on the white car AS I DO the dents and crap.
    5) I got eight tires balanced, including four new ones that are bullet proof. The car walks right up and over the speed limit if I am not careful
    6) Came to the realization that I have two hatches that have rear window de-fogging installed

(There's more that I am sure I'll remember later)

* Lifting one of the cars with a tractor and a strap bent a perfectly straight body in a shameful way. You know above the windows at the balance point? Yeah... Right there. But I also knew that to pull out the dents in the under door sills I had to have that thing. On several of the cars I could see that someone had bent the crap out of the sills by either letting the cars slip of the jack stands, or lifting them with a forklift or some damned thing... Outboard of the jacking points there are huge dents in the body

I can pull them out now without drilling holes, this is a normally inaccessible area.

The next couple of weeks are going to be a learning experience that I will shoot video of (DOH! Go figure...)

The dent gun (stud welder) was an investment of $99.oo that I have already tried and it is seriously easy to use!

SHOOTING PAINT is a trip, and I hope to post some videos here from a high-end paint company (House of Kolor), not because I want you to spend a whole crapload of money on their products, but because what they teach you in their instructional vids can be applied to any kind of paint that you spray

~ I'm guessing AdvanceDynamix has already been there and done that...

~Wolf out
    Last edited by Greywolf; 05-03-2017, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Robalan
    replied

New tires and wheel alignment, removed rear seat braces.

Gonna look for some cardboard to make templates to cover the open metal in the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Waterpump replaced, and thankfully no leaks or timing issues.
    Also my Achilles 122s were delivered today. Hope to get those installed withing the next week.

Now time for some burnouts! :p

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    How do you aim them? So as not to blind oncoming traffic.
    I thought that would be a slight problem and it was confirmed after we installed them that they are quite blinding. I might just wire them to turn on with the Brights or just a separate switch so that they don't have to be on all of the time.

They are on a Swivel Mount so I can aim them up and down or side to side but I don't think it will help too much. They are "Spot" lights but really cheap ones from Amazon but I am currently looking for some other options for my White car that might work better.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    How do you aim them? So as not to blind oncoming traffic.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    I kinda like that.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    LED's where the Blinkers used to go.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    I tried to fix it, but couldn't find your photos. It wasn't me who gets the credit for this. The post shows no "edit tag" so it was either fixed through photobucket or by someone with a lot more power over the site than me. Lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X