Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bravekozak
    replied
    M14 X 1.25

Any auto parts store should sell a spark plug thread chaser.
    You don't need an expensive tap to cut new threads.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-17-2013, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Checked out the spark plug hole that's sticking when I try to put a plug in. Looks like there is crap in the threads. Anyone know where I can get a tap/what the threading is so I can clean it up.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I might actually be able to do some work on my car in the coming days. It is actually supposed to get up to almost 51 degrees.

Woo! Winter heat wave!.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-17-2013, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Threw some cardboard in front of the radiator. This Canada winter is beginning to feel a lot like Antarctica.

-James

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Fuel pump. Precise. $21. I'm so cheap I re-used the pickup sock.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    I can see my car benefitting from this as well!

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    Sorry guys. 300 miles like this so far. Maybe mileage will creep up too as long as i dont spin it up trying to feel flat spots which i dont...
    Luv the mount.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Sorry guys. 300 miles like this so far. Maybe mileage will creep up too as long as i dont spin it up trying to feel flat spots which i dont...

Leave a comment:

• FestivaFan1989
    replied
    What did I do with my festiva today? I bought it! 1989 festiva L. Now it's time to clean. Was owned by a mechanic and had greasy hand-prints everywhere, inside and out. That's OK by me. 600 bucks for a car in good working condition (with a full tank of gas The guy said it was on its second engine so I have some questions for the tech thread to try to identify just what I have under the hood. Was just looking for a cheap commuter, so I got My first festiva. already starting to feel like I agreed to go to the dance with the "plain" girl, only to find out we actually have a lot of fun together. And she puts out. Plenty of power, a blast to drive

Leave a comment:

• boydg1
    replied
    Keeping this PIC a Secret for yourself??? How about adding a LITTLE light!!RUIDD:RUIDD:
    Last edited by boydg1; 12-15-2013, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Added an ignition coil. Wow. Mental hp increase. She pulls cold the way she does warmed up now. I highly suggest one. I got a simple crane...and please laugh at my mount...i rock a mustang 5.0 fuel filter so i had that bracket available...upside down is probably questionable

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Took two seconds to remove disty from part's car @ 9:00PM at night haha. Local '93 5spd guy has a no-start, no-nothing problem. He wanted to borrow it to see if that was it.. Don't know what all he's tested/if he's tested. Said the main fuses were fine.

Other than that, nuttin'.

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
    That is a popular place for a dent. Mine has it there too.
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Mine does too!
    Haha.
    It's a conspiracy.
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Bessie has one at the same place on the driver's side. It's a result of the PBKS syndrome.
    "Parking Beside Kids in Suburbans".
    Originally posted by chris (Festiva) View Post
    I have the same dent I hurd its from trying to lift the car from the finder.. I still think there is just a truck dedicated to backing in to festys rear fenders!!
    Mine was from high school where some kids decided to pick up the festy at the four corners and put it on a 13" high curb so I couldn't get it off. One used his back side facing the car and its a butt dent. Lol
    They got theirs though.

-James

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Yes I know this, but I though maybe if the timing was off maybe it was advanced a bit, so I took a shot in the dark and filled it with premium. I figured it couldn't hurt to try.
    Here is link to an easy to understand article about the relationship to ignition timing, compression and anti knock fuel formulation.
    Gasoline engines used to be so much simpler back in my younger day when we were buying leaded gas for 25 cents a gallon.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
    When your running premium you just have to advance your timing to compensate.
    I always run premium and even in the temps below 20* it fires right up within a revolution or two.
    Yes I know this, but I though maybe if the timing was off maybe it was advanced a bit, so I took a shot in the dark and filled it with premium. I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X