Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jawbraeka
    replied
    Longest thread award...

sent from the depths of hell.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    I was referring to torque's post about frame bent. Mines fine afaik.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Drove mine yesterday. Contemplated selling it and my collection.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    My G/F ran the Festivas today and the battery in the red one, we are going to use as a parts car, blew up! What the funk?

I'm not there to look at what damage it did, but she did wash out the engine compartment of any battery acid.

I wonder what could have caused that to happen?!

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Door Glass Channels
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?50824-4GREEN-GRAB-BAG&p=636331#post636331

Just posted in 4green brab bag thread
    Last edited by 1990new; 12-30-2013, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Odd. I just happen to have those grommets (brand new from Kia). How did you know I had to go to Lewiston to pick up another bunch of stuff? Did you read my post about sprinkling some dry Teflon powder in the window glass channels?
    If your grommets have intact lips and all teeth are accounted for, then you really don't need them. You just need a friction reducer.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-30-2013, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Put new channel rubber in...
    Where does one come up with both sides of these. Four Green I'm sure. Do you have #'s

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Are you talking about the white window glass support grommets?
    Yeah I believe that is what I need. Though I really should try just the channeling first.

But even when the window it held straight, the aftermarket power window kit motor has a tough time trying to roll it up towards the top. The regulator might be going bad.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Are you talking about the white window glass support grommets?

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Installed the Pride antenna I bought off bravekozak. Took a bit of fiddling to get installed since something was jamming everything up in the a-pillar.

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Put new channel rubber in the left door on Trixie (had replace the right side earlier this year).
    Smoother up and down now and nice seal around the window.
    I seriously need new channeling for both sides. I also need new grommets for the passenger side, driver's side grommet are just fine.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Where are you located? Please update your profile under "Forum Actions", "Edit Profile". Members have stuff.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-30-2013, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• imd15
    replied
    Changed the oil and spark plugs.Planning replace bushings and shock absorbers.Any suggestions guys?

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Put new channel rubber in the left door on Trixie (had replace the right side earlier this year).
    Smoother up and down now and nice seal around the window.
    Also put clothes hanger hooks above the rear seat windows. Did not realize the L models did not have these until
    I went to put in the clothes hanging bar to go on a trip a few weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    I finally installed the energy suspension sway bar bushings with little spacer that I bought from another number I can punch the gas coming out of a turn with confidence and it does seem to suck up bumps just slightly better. Really has made a difference on a road full of ruts and stuff. I have NOT even change my suspension yet. I also think that my driver side now sits higher so if you think your frame is bent you should check your sway bar bushings considering the sway bar is half of the front of a festiva in essence.
    If you haven't changed your suspension, and your driver's side is higher, that doesn't automatically mean the frames bent, dude. Your passenger strut could be shot from how many years of operating on bad bushings.

-James

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Installed cargo lights in Bessie and Nellie using the mercury switches in the tail gate.
    They work great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X