Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow_Mouse
    replied
    Well it wasnt exactly today but yesterday I did this!

:thumbup: :blob2:

Rebuilding my Glowspire!

Fenders and hood.

Gotta love a rebuild.
    Last edited by Glow_Mouse; 06-19-2018, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanza View Post
    A shutoff valve might just do the trick...if I install a valve though, inline with the heater hose, will that hurt coolant flow anywhere else to the engine?
    I only drive my Festiva in the summer. My heater core is completely disconnected (both hoses). No problemo.
    There is no need for hot engine coolant to continually flow through the heater core while you have the A/C on.
    I use R-12 for maximum brain freeze.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-19-2018, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanza
    replied
    A shutoff valve might just do the trick...if I install a valve though, inline with the heater hose, will that hurt coolant flow anywhere else to the engine?

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    If you want it colder, consider installing a shutoff valve in the coolant line to the heater core.
    I don't know why they never installed a factory solenoid to do this.

After you blow your fins out, check out my post on cabin air filters.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-18-2018, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanza
    replied
    Today, I took my 91 GL in to have the air conditioner retrofitted to 134. And having found it in a garage having sat for ten years, with the AC belt missing, I was greatly surprised to find that the retrofit was successful! The air isn't freezing cold, but it definitely takes the edge off. Considering that the heat is also weak tea, I suspect the hvac box and condensor/heater need to be blown out with compressed air.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Drove it, washed it and gassed it up.

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    Trying to figure out why my aspire swapped front end is creaking and groaning on turning all of a sudden.
    One of the boots came off and I'm wondering if the steering rack is going

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    hopefully will look like this when all done except the car is red

dohclittledecal001 by mike schmitt, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    after 3 years finally got off my azz and had the tires taken off the GTX wheels and just dropped them off today for powdercoating. $60 /wheel front and back. should be 1000% improvement. they weren't rusty but very worn as the pic shows. really an embarrassment to drive on.
    IMG_0476 by mike schmitt, on Flickr
    looking to replace the impossible to find 175/60 13 tires. these federals are very slightly wider and taller and looks like a good price.
    Fast & Free Delivery! Shop for automotive tires online from over 300+ brands. Have them shipped to and installed at one of our 10,000+ installation centers, making the purchase and installation process painless and simple.

an exact replacement is hard to find . i'd go for these Yokos but shipping is killer and they don't have a DOT cert to get it through state inspection.
    Entdecken Sie 2 X 185/60/13 80h Yokohama A539 Performance Car Tyres in der großen Auswahl bei eBay. Kostenlose Lieferung für viele Artikel!

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Here in Lavonia, GA we are very wet. They are calling for rain for the next 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Wish it would rain here for a week. We're in a moderate to severe drought.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Nothing.... It's been raining for a week!

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
    I didn't even know those existed!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    I believe bravekozak is planning to attend Ohiostiva this year... ask him about them if he make it there this year.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    also added plastic caps to all the seat bolts.
    I didn't even know those existed!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    White Faced Shift Indicator and Seat bolt caps

My Orange to White face conversion is now complete in my 89 "Trixie". Replaced the Oranger shifter indicate with a white one today...also added plastic caps to all the seat bolts.
    White Faced Shifter.jpg
    Bolt head caps.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X