Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
    ^^ That's a killer deal man!

Not sure if you're dead set on the black but here's the set I ran for a while with charcoal wheel paint. I liked it better than the black.

These look good!!!

-James

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Finished removing the A/C. I can only guess it was dealer installed due to the odd placement of the 10A fuse/holder and the electrical component randomly slid under the heater core housing that I'm going to hazard a guess is no good, due to all the yellow powder that's completely destroyed the carpet under there and into the passenger foot well.

If anyone needs a complete A/C setup including wiring/relays, feel free to PM me. Pretty sure I've got it all out now.

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    ^^ That's a killer deal man!

Not sure if you're dead set on the black but here's the set I ran for a while with charcoal wheel paint. I liked it better than the black.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Bought 4 13" Geo metro steelies with practically brand new tires on them for $140. Pretty good deal I thought. Just need cleaned up, and as coat of black gloss paint.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Restrained myself from chucking a hammer through the windshield... Details in my build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Thread/page15 Getting seriously frustrated with this And I leave for Cal Poly in just over a week. Looking to get some sort of reward for killing the last month of my summer.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Not today, but this weekend.

Pulled the driver side axle, put the new one in. Warranty replacement, got good life out of it, bought the first one in 2006. Did an oil change, drove her to VA, visited with PU241 and Stivadiva for lunch on Saturday. Fun weekend!
    Super-powers meeting !!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Ordered a air filter, fuel filter, and fuel pump strainer from Rockauto.

Also just got done installing Poly sway-bar to body bushings.

Also cleaned up the shop lines on the hood. Had one huge gap on on sides, and no gap on the other. Not Perfect but much much better.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-02-2013, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    As promised,
    Before erasing.
    During erasing. Note the area around the license plate bracket, before I removed it.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Not today, but this weekend.

Pulled the driver side axle, put the new one in. Warranty replacement, got good life out of it, bought the first one in 2006. Did an oil change, drove her to VA, visited with PU241 and Stivadiva for lunch on Saturday. Fun weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    yeah it's a heat gun and they work really well. Butane is good too but with either one it's kind of tricky because it's easy to end up with an uneven finish if you don't get it hot enough, or a melted/distorted bumper if you get it too hot.

Edit: here's a dude doing it with acetylene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co_MFlqgWvI
    Last edited by Tommychu; 09-02-2013, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maikel
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I finally got around to doing a magic eraser test on oxidized TPO (gray bumpers). It's a lot better than before. I would say it looks to be about 15 years younger.
    I will post some pictures tomorrow. You have to use a lot of elbow grease and the magic erasers take a beating. Plan on using four per bumper. I am not a fan of painting plastic with non heat-catalyzed paint.
    Why don't you use a heatgun? Or what's it called, almost same as hairdryer, but way hotter..

Leave a comment:

• 1chrisapple
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    1chrisapple's images are not publicly available.
    they are now sorry

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    1chrisapple's images are not publicly available.

Leave a comment:

• 1chrisapple
    replied
    I've done a lot in last month or so check out pics it was all stock when I started now has rio/aspire front and rear with rear air shock, weber swap, msd swap, cruise control, and a hitch install. phew im getting tired gonna need a break soon lol
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I finally got around to doing a magic eraser test on oxidized TPO (gray bumpers). It's a lot better than before. I would say it looks to be about 15 years younger.
    I will post some pictures tomorrow. You have to use a lot of elbow grease and the magic erasers take a beating. Plan on using four per bumper. I am not a fan of painting plastic with non heat-catalyzed paint.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X