Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ
    replied
    I'm in need of a machinist to 'fix' my flywheel so that it will fit on the swap donor engine... I don't have any monies. I'll trade someone a core B3 (bad bearings, still rolled over) if they're willing to hook a brotha up.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Structural, sort of. You could get away without it, but it does serve to control chassis flex and also holds the transmission's weight torque load.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Jack that motor is NOT a B3. It's a BP. I'm sure that makes it a little louder. It's still a lot quieter than my B3 with glasspacks.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 08-29-2013, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
    Here's a link to a video of it running. The motor is smoking some but hasn't been run in over 2 yrs. I'm hoping the rings settle and it stops after I drive it some.

http://s978.photobucket.com/user/beb...15f34.mp4.html
    That's louder than I expected from turbos, but I like it. Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Charlie1717
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Drove it to, and from work.

I spent most of the day driving a Chevy Express Van for Autozone. They moved me to their Hub store, and made me a hub driver.

Really sucks having GPS tracking you, and you can't go over the speed limit AT ALL. So if it is 65, I have to sit around 60-64. Don't they realize it is unsafe to drive slower than the traffic flow? No, they believe in a little gizmo that plugs into the Vans ECU, and tattles whenever you speed.

I can understand tracking your mileage, making sure you are not goofing off, but this shit of having the electronic nanny always sitting there like it is looking over your shoulder sucks.
    Also I have heard they have gone through 8 drivers in a month over this, so I am fearing for my job, because I know I have gone over speed limits multiple times, mainly because of quick speed change drops, and no signs posted down back roads.

I would love to find whoever thought this was a good idea, and shove every single one of these that he has put into his company's vehicles so far up where the sun don't shine that he will be coughing them up for weeks.
    I don't know about your gps, but mine also states the speed limit and it is wrong a lot!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Did you tell the boss that? I would.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    The not to be named natl. pest control company I work for had GPS on our trucks. The manager could sit at his computer & track us. The thing I got called into the office for many, many times was "IDELING". Its Fla. , & hot, I'd sit in my truck to do paperwork with the A/C on. Sorry for the mini-rant.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Drove it to, and from work.

I spent most of the day driving a Chevy Express Van for Autozone. They moved me to their Hub store, and made me a hub driver.

Really sucks having GPS tracking you, and you can't go over the speed limit AT ALL. So if it is 65, I have to sit around 60-64. Don't they realize it is unsafe to drive slower than the traffic flow? No, they believe in a little gizmo that plugs into the Vans ECU, and tattles whenever you speed.

I can understand tracking your mileage, making sure you are not goofing off, but this shit of having the electronic nanny always sitting there like it is looking over your shoulder sucks.
    Also I have heard they have gone through 8 drivers in a month over this, so I am fearing for my job, because I know I have gone over speed limits multiple times, mainly because of quick speed change drops, and no signs posted down back roads.

I would love to find whoever thought this was a good idea, and shove every single one of these that he has put into his company's vehicles so far up where the sun don't shine that he will be coughing them up for weeks.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-28-2013, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    [QUOTE=greywolf200;614527]How's the sound with the turbos on it?[/QUOTE

Here's a link to a video of it running. The motor is smoking some but hasn't been run in over 2 yrs. I'm hoping the rings settle and it stops after I drive it some.

Last edited by Team Lightning; 08-28-2013, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    I took my 93L to the muffler shop. Drove thru town with a very light foot on the throttle. Didn't want a ticket for having no exhaust hooked up. Now I have a nice 2.25 inch exhaust with 2 turbo mufflers in line. It was my 93's first trip on the road since it's rebuild. It was NICE!!
    How's the sound with the turbos on it?

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Started to encase the dash wire harness with 1" split loom. Took three quick pics before I started. I draped an extra old dash harness over the top so that you can see how much thicker the wire bundle has become. There are still a few ground wires to splice together. Added wiring for dimmable lighter ring, choke light, clock radio, gas door popper, remote door locks with horn honk (separate horn), light flash, dome light supervision, idle up for P/S and A/C, under dash courtesy lamps, cruise control main power switch and power windows.

Left hand side
    Center
    Right hand side

I couldn't figure out how to pop the unused terminals out of the Viper connector so I just rolled up the pigtails. I also wired for future door speakers and future cigar tray light. Note the large factory hold down clips on all plastic tabs.

I sure hope I didn't forget anything.
    You do beautiful work....:thumbs_up:

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    I took my 93L to the muffler shop. Drove thru town with a very light foot on the throttle. Didn't want a ticket for having no exhaust hooked up. Now I have a nice 2.25 inch exhaust with 2 turbo mufflers in line. It was my 93's first trip on the r
    oad since it's rebuild. It was NICE!!
    cant wait to hear it & go for a ride!

Leave a comment:

• sactnato
    replied
    I replaced my old worn out brake pedal pad with a new one from www.roo-sport.com. They also sell the clutch pedal pads that match the originals.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Got all the vacuum lines off for Weber carb swap, went to unbolt the carb and....

I could only get to three of the bolts with the tools I have. One is under part of the carb, and my hands can't get in to access it. Sigh. Went to AutoZone to see what they had, 400lb guy suggested I buy one of those 'crow-foot' sets, as he was sure that'd work. I told him it was 12mm like 4 times while I was looking for the right tool.

Got home. Realized crow-foot had 11mm, 13mm.

No 12mm.

Hate life. Wasted 30 mile roundtrip. And my pride.

Back to it in the morning, I guess.. anyone else have trouble with that rear-left bolt/how'd you get past it? I figured one of those ratcheting wrenches with the foldable end.. but the only 12mm I could find of that was in a $120 set. That ain't gonna happen..

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    I took my 93L to the muffler shop. Drove thru town with a very light foot on the throttle. Didn't want a ticket for having no exhaust hooked up. Now I have a nice 2.25 inch exhaust with 2 turbo mufflers in line. It was my 93's first trip on the road since it's rebuild. It was NICE!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X