Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I rented a Rug Doctor and cleaned the seats in Aqua. They still have some spots, but there's a giant improvement. I think they used that car for a chicken coop or something.

I bought some Pioneer 6.5" speakers on sale for $59.99 and installed them in the door.
    So much better than the 4" Kickers I had in the dash. I have midrange now! It's weird to hear the sound of a bass drum being impacted and not just the boom form the subwoofer.
    I put the 4" Kickers in Aqua to replace the rotted out stock speakers. So now that car has slightly improved audio.

I have them mounted to the door card using the included clips as nuts basically. They feel solid and firm. If this mounting method fails I'll find a way to attach them to the door metal. I ran the speaker wire from the dash connectors, behind the trim strip, then through the door grommet. If I feel adventurous enough, I'll actually run the wires through the loom with the auto belt and mirror wires. I'm contemplating a power lock install so I'm holding off on that for now.

(BTW, I know the door pocket is a mess. I have a bad knee and end up dragging my shoe on the pocket quite often...)
    Do the power locks, you will be happy you did, having a power lock in the hatch makes it so much more convenient. Just buy a 4 door kit and keep the 4th actuator as a backup.

I have actually been contemplating installing a power window kit, only thing holding me back is the runners for the passenger window are almost completely shot, and it is not important enough to me to spend ass loads of money to order new ones from Korea. I'll make my own runners before paying that.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Forgot to post this last week, but I replaced my air filter. It was looking pretty dirty.

Also I got back to my house Sunday after being gone since Thursday night and when I pulled out of my parking spot I could see my transmission had peed a little! I've been speckling my parking space for awhile now...engine and tranny both leaking some. Just figured it was the tranny that leaked this weekend though as it's going out on me. My drive way slants down to the right. You can see where it was running down. The spot was even bigger Monday morning, but then it rained all day and and when I took this photo this morning it wasn't as bad.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I rented a Rug Doctor and cleaned the seats in Aqua. They still have some spots, but there's a giant improvement. I think they used that car for a chicken coop or something.

I bought some Pioneer 6.5" speakers on sale for $59.99 and installed them in the door.
    So much better than the 4" Kickers I had in the dash. I have midrange now! It's weird to hear the sound of a bass drum being impacted and not just the boom form the subwoofer.
    I put the 4" Kickers in Aqua to replace the rotted out stock speakers. So now that car has slightly improved audio.

I have them mounted to the door card using the included clips as nuts basically. They feel solid and firm. If this mounting method fails I'll find a way to attach them to the door metal. I ran the speaker wire from the dash connectors, behind the trim strip, then through the door grommet. If I feel adventurous enough, I'll actually run the wires through the loom with the auto belt and mirror wires. I'm contemplating a power lock install so I'm holding off on that for now.

(BTW, I know the door pocket is a mess. I have a bad knee and end up dragging my shoe on the pocket quite often...)
    Last edited by Oren09; 02-19-2013, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    Wish I had my own tire machines so I could that! Even Walmart screwed up and didn't line up the red dot with the valve stems. Need to find a good shop around here.
    Most tire shops seem to always mount red dot to valve stem. The following seems to say that the red dot should be lined up to a marker on the wheel if
    the wheel has one, or the yellow dot to the valve stem if no mark is present.
    Anyone experts out there understand this?

From Yokohamatire.com regarding red and yellow dot.
    Uniformity Method
    Weight Method
    When performing uniformity match-mounting, the red mark on the tire, indicating the point of maximum radial force variation, should be aligned with the wheel assembly's point of minimum radial run-out, which is generally indicated by a colored dot or a notch somewhere on the wheel assembly (consult manufacturer for details). Radial force variation is the fluctuation in the force that appears in the rotating axis of a tire when a specific load is applied and the tire rotated at a specific speed. It is necessary to minimize radial force variation to ensure trouble-free installation and operation. Not all wheel assemblies indicate the point of minimum radial run-out, rendering uniformity match-mounting sometimes impossible. If the point of minimum radial run-out is not indicated on a wheel assembly, the weight method of match-mounting should be used instead. When performing weight match-mounting, the yellow mark on the tire, indicating the point of lightest weight, should be aligned with the valve stem on the wheel assembly, which represents the heaviest weight point of the wheel assembly. After match-mounting by either of the above methods, the tire/wheel assembly can be balanced.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
    Try rotating the tires a quart of a turn on the rim then balance them. See how that works. By rotating on the rim you're helping the tire to run truer. On a blance machine you can observe this first hand as it spins. :wink:
    Wish I had my own tire machines so I could that! Even Walmart screwed up and didn't line up the red dot with the valve stems. Need to find a good shop around here.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Drove it to Wawa & got 2 breakfast samaches , & a fillup.

Leave a comment:

• DON SVO
    replied
    Originally posted by Huli View Post
    Today,
    I swapped out to aspire rear.

And ripped out the front.
    Installed 2004 KIA Rio knuckles and springs on new struts and cv shaft.

Put on a new 14 in wheel and tire, just for looks for now.
    Get stainless braided brake lines for the fronts. Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by standard235 View Post
    Fixed the stupid e brake cable so I can use it for my paper route! LOL. Getting paid mileage does no good in a Mustang!

Tank is getting replaced next.
    I know that feel! I never did have a working parking brake on my paper throwing festy.... I had so shut it off any time I got out which of course was no less than a dozen times daily. Though I got clutch starting to a friggin science, I hardly ever used my starter. And even when I did, that festy started up the instant I flicked the key, I don't think the flywheel even made a full revolution on most starts.

Leave a comment:

• boydg1
    replied
    Try rotating the tires a quart of a turn on the rim then balance them. See how that works. By rotating on the rim you're helping the tire to run truer. On a blance machine you can observe this first hand as it spins. :wink:

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    I want to shoot it! I swear I can't get any tires to stop shaking on this thing. Although my dad put the old metro rims on his and its fine, loves it actually. May need some inner and outer tie rods everything else is new.
    Last edited by boydg1; 02-19-2013, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Did and oil change in Aqua. Tightened the parking brake cable.
    Messed around with a Kia domelight. Still working on that.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I want to shoot it! I swear I can't get any tires to stop shaking on this thing. Although my dad put the old metro rims on his and its fine, loves it actually. May need some inner and outer tie rods everything else is new.

Leave a comment:

• standard235
    replied
    ^Planning on doing that once I come across all the parts, after I'm done making this thing reliable and drive correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Today,
    I swapped out to aspire rear.

And ripped out the front.
    Installed 2004 KIA Rio knuckles and springs on new struts and cv shaft.

Put on a new 14 in wheel and tire, just for looks for now.

Leave a comment:

• standard235
    replied
    Fixed the stupid e brake cable so I can use it for my paper route! LOL. Getting paid mileage does no good in a Mustang!

Tank is getting replaced next.

Leave a comment:

• DON SVO
    replied
    I replaced the accessory belt.

Last edited by DON SVO; 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X