Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greywolf
    replied
    Over half of my tax refund was used to get rid of some dangerous trees that were leaning towards my house and garage. At this time - I have a LOT of wood to cut up and dispose of, but with this out of the way once and for all my two year long "War on Trees" is about over and I can soon get back to my little hotrods.

*In case you were wondering why you haven't heard anything from me lately

It was a matter of priorities. If those things fell in a storm (especially an ice or March wind storm) everything would have been ruined.

~Wolf out
    Last edited by Greywolf; 02-18-2017, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Off all the Festiva's I've had this is the first fusible link issue I've ever had! Rigged it with some wire to get it moved to a spot. Unfortunately I have fuses on the Aspire 100 mile away!

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
    Unless the vendor prefers to do business over the phone, use Google Translate to compose your messages. I used the service when I had some pre-purchase questions about a motorcycle tire changing tool that was designed and sold in Estonia, of all places.
    I used Google Translate to look at their website and find the part that we need but it would probably cost more to buy and ship just the parts we need over here instead of just getting them from the distributor on Ebay and not using the rear coilovers and front springs.

I did find one of their Best Offer auctions and ended up paying $209 for the set instead of $213...

Leave a comment:

• Shin Hayata
    replied
    Originally posted by firebush357 View Post

On a side note... Do we have anyone that speaks fluent German and can get us a better deal on Hot Tuning Front Coilovers?!?
    Unless the vendor prefers to do business over the phone, use Google Translate to compose your messages. I used the service when I had some pre-purchase questions about a motorcycle tire changing tool that was designed and sold in Estonia, of all places.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    I received more parts to put together my Advance Suspension Mod and a White Tach Cluster that I bought. Only a few more pieces left to finish off what I need for the Complete suspension mod. The only thing I haven't bought yet is the Rear Bump Stops because I won't be racing or anything that I feel would warrant them yet.

On a side note... Do we have anyone that speaks fluent German and can get us a better deal on Hot Tuning Front Coilovers?!?

Leave a comment:

• TWFodor
    replied
    Installed my 5 panel mirror! I love the visibility

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    You might want to look at this: It was posted 9 hours ago on the Jacksonville Craigslist
    https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/tls/6001945014.html
    Cool, I'll check it out.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
    Pulled more parts out of the Engine Bay of the new car. Only thing left to do to get everything necessary out is Drain the Tranny and pull the AC compressor out then I can unbolt the Block and pull it out. Iv'e been doing the engine removal in pieces because I don't feel like buying a Cherry Picker right now but still want to work on the Car. It also helps me figure out how everything goes together. That is why I love these cars... Simple to work on = simple to learn on.
    You might want to look at this: It was posted 9 hours ago on the Jacksonville Craigslist
    https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/tls/6001945014.html

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Pulled more parts out of the Engine Bay of the new car. Only thing left to do to get everything necessary out is Drain the Tranny and pull the AC compressor out then I can unbolt the Block and pull it out. Iv'e been doing the engine removal in pieces because I don't feel like buying a Cherry Picker right now but still want to work on the Car. It also helps me figure out how everything goes together. That is why I love these cars... Simple to work on = simple to learn on.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Going to fill the tank for the first time in months. lol

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Last night: started up Vextiva and let her run for about 15 minutes. Gotta keep the juices flowing.

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Drove it to and from work, first time I've done that in a long while.

Underestimated the amount of gas in the tank, basically got home on just fumes. (The Needle of the gas gauge pointing at E, way below the red mark.)
    HaHa! Been there, done that. Like, maybe 10 times over the 28 years I've owned Festivas. My wife didn't believe me that Festivas don't have a trip odometer. I keep a notepad in the glovebox to keep track of miles but sometimes I leave Twistiva idling in the driveway on cold mornings and forget to take that into account.
    Last edited by Twistiva; 02-08-2017, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FoMoCoMotion
    replied
    Yeah, my biggest concern is the missing chips of aluminum around the valves.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    That's pretty gnarly. I bet that engine was run hot. Check the cam journals for excessive wear. I'd avoid using the rings from that engine as well.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-07-2017, 11:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    Deck it an see how it turns out.

Leave a comment:

• FoMoCoMotion
    replied
    This past weekend I bought 3 well used B6-ZE motors from a Miata guy. Tore the "worst" of the 3 down first and was wondering if the head was salvageable. It looks like there was quiet a bit of detonation and some aluminum divots. What do you guys think, worth trying to save or just a paper weight to practice porting on?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X