Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shin Hayata
    replied
    The sound is just ok. The head unit is the factory original AM radio. Said differently, the speakers can only process the quality of the signal that they receive. It seems that I'm only able to receive talk radio, so when I'm not shifting, I'm shaking my fist. ha

I'd like to keep the car stock in appearance and function; that's my "build". My sole concession to modernity is a USB charging plug.

Shift lever.jpg
    Last edited by Shin Hayata; 01-03-2017, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
    The 29 year old original dash speakers in my 88L sounded awful. When I removed the plastic grilles, paper from the speaker cones fell out on to the floor mats. Complete disintegration. I was surprised they produced any sound at all.

I shopped quite a few brand-name replacement speakers, but the integrated tweeter projections would have fouled reinstallation of the plastic grille covers. I knew that AutoZone sold a pair of inexpensive, low profile 4" speakers that were labeled as direct replacements (click here). And they were. I simply cut off the factory harnesses on the old speakers and used them to connect the new ones. Done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20398[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20399[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20400[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20401[/ATTACH]
    Sweet. How does it sound now?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Shin Hayata
    replied
    The 29 year old original dash speakers in my 88L sounded awful. When I removed the plastic grilles, paper from the speaker cones fell out on to the floor mats. Complete disintegration. I was surprised they produced any sound at all.

I shopped quite a few brand-name replacement speakers, but the integrated tweeter projections would have fouled reinstallation of the plastic grille covers. I knew that AutoZone sold a pair of inexpensive, low profile 4" speakers that were labeled as direct replacements (click here). And they were. I simply cut off the factory harnesses on the old speakers and used them to connect the new ones. Done.

Old and new dash speakers.jpgOld and new dash speakers 2.jpgDisintegration of orig dash spkr.jpgNew dash speaker in situ.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Do you have the name of the person who owned it before? Find them on facebook and post on their page that they left some stuff in the car you bought and attach the photos

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    I started cleaning out my XR2 to slowly get it ready to strip everything out of. The top was damaged and had been rain in before I got it so everything inside was pretty gross so I just cut the top off to make everything easier to get to because it would not fully collapse. In the process of taking off Door Panels and Removing seats I found about 30 Condoms in the door pocket and under the passenger seat...

There were more that I threw away before I took this photo...

And then when I removed the Driver seat found a bottle of Astro Glide...

I put gloves on to clean up the trash after finding this lol.

I also cut off the front bumper and started labeling connectors to get ready for the swap because I don't know how long it is going to take and I am nervous since this is my first swap and I don't want to misplace wires.

Leave a comment:

• Festiver
    replied
    always be living the poke life lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Very short video, but it sounds nice. Man those tires stick out a long ways!

Leave a comment:

• Festiver
    replied
    https://vimeo.com/197771529 I like the deepness of it, it's just a bit ricey lol when I go turbo it'll fix that

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by Festiver View Post
    Lol nice man but yeah its massive I was hoping I would have a very clean sound but the BP had other plans I like it but it could be better

Whats the sound like?

Leave a comment:

• Festiver
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    Wow, that is one huge resonater!
    I welded this one in my car off a civic and thought it hung low!

Lol nice man but yeah its massive I was hoping I would have a very clean sound but the BP had other plans I like it but it could be better

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by Festiver View Post

Wow, that is one huge resonater!
    I welded this one in my car off a civic and thought it hung low!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Thanks. It almost looks like you hung a bazooka under your car!
    I have to admit, my Bosal is not as big as yours is.

Leave a comment:

• Festiver
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Please post pictures of the resonator and muffler from underneath. I am extremely interested.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Please post pictures of the resonator and muffler from underneath. I am extremely interested.

Leave a comment:

• Festiver
    replied
    Yesterday festiver moved under its own power to let the parents sportster out of the garage then I started making a new exhaust system from scratch almost done I just have to cut and weld in a mid pipe and it's done my friend let me have his old apexi n1 muffler and his old resonator off his colbalt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X