Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muleskinner
    replied
    I put my rear bench seat, with split back, back in my festy.

Leave a comment:

• rmoltis
    replied
    Replaced downstream o2 sensor.
    With new one ordered online, after selling old header.
    Denso 234-4037

To my suprise it had enough extra length to reach the relocated o2 bung.

Now I just need one extension instead of 2

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Went through and tightened all the bolts after a few days of driving my rio/aspire swap and got it all tuned in. Love it. Easy to work on and the extra power is nice. The front is stiffer but it feels great. Only wish there was a way to stiffen up the rear damping so I can go with stiffer springs. Need to slow compression down a little.

ALL new bushings and struts front and rear so the car drives like a new one. Now to order my tires this Thursday. Probably go with 175/50's since my 195/45's do a little bit of rubbing on extreme dips. They didn't at all on my other car hmmmmmm Nearly the same overall dia but 20mm narrower.

Leave a comment:

• bob^3
    replied
    Killing more wasps that have decided to make nests in my poor car. Not a single one all last summer, yet I can't kill them fast enough this year.

Now with 100% more autocorrect fail!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Direct complementary colors are blue and orange, red and green, yellow and violet.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-23-2013, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    They look a bit brighter in this one. You really probably just need to see them in person...or for the right price I'll ship them to you! :icon_smile:
    Ha ha NOOO i want to finish my 4x100 rio swap. I think copper bronze or gold is a great contrasting color for the green. I have some Copper metallic paint but the plasti dip option sounds better in order to sell mine off when i get sick of them. As stated earlier i just half-butt did the front brakes and put the outside pad on inside on one wheel. That killed another 15 minutes. Motivation to remove AND clean all 4 wheels? GONE!
    Last edited by getnpsi; 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    I cant decide what color to do my GL wheels. That shade looks almost like the light brown m&m's from the 1980's. I want a little more shiny but I love how your car looks. I just need a spoiler to be a sister car.
    They aren't quite as bright as I was thinking they would be, but they do have some sparkle in them so in the sun they are pretty shiny. The color is called Starbrite Orange Copper. Dennis powder coated them for me. http://www.powderbuythepound.com/STA...ORANGE_COPPER/

Here are some more pics of the color. I've also tried this spray paint I found at AutoZone for hightemp parts. It's a metallic orange that is pretty closely matched to these wheels I tested the color on the rear center cap on the drivers side which you can kind of see in the photo of mine you linked.

They look a bit brighter in this one. You really probably just need to see them in person...or for the right price I'll ship them to you!

Here is a closer view of the wheels color.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    Changed the oil it was a bit over due. The HLA's were talking. Changed out the "so called" premium dist. cap from OReilly's. Put a regular old cap on. Running like a champ going to be hard to watch it go.
    Weird. Opposite here.

Everytime I dump in new oil they'll talk the next morning. The more over due, less of the chance of morning chatter..... Sometimes enough collapse it'll miss for 30 seconds. F'it, just a car. Can't win, leave it.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied

I cant decide what color to do my GL wheels. That shade looks almost like the light brown m&m's from the 1980's. I want a little more shiny but I love how your car looks. I just need a spoiler to be a sister car.
    Have you seen the plasti dip yourtube's? I might hit the wheels with the bronzer on top of another color and see how that goes, because i want to go 4x100 and dont wanna put out a lot of cash for something kinda temporary, plus to hold resale value on the alloys to festia and metro MPG people.

TODAY: i put on $16 autozone pads on decent rotors and called it an afternoon--again dont want to spend anymore on this thing im going to take off and toss in a bin anyway. Just want to keep her on the road and save on the fuel costs. I changed more bulbs to LED, and decided to buy beer to trade my neighbor for his rx-7 steering wheel+cash. He isn't home yet, but the beer is cold and kinda languishing...
    Last edited by getnpsi; 07-23-2013, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Pressure washed the engine bay in preparation for new parts. About half way done.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Changed the oil it was a bit over due. The HLA's were talking. Changed out the "so called" premium dist. cap from OReilly's. Put a regular old cap on. Running like a champ going to be hard to watch it go.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Tightened the two bolts on the air con compressor bracket. Still trying to figure out the size of the third one. Ordered new Moog Inner tie rods, engine mounts and valve cover gasket. Still looking for a set of 4x100 rims for my front aspire swap.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Installed a fancier headunit.

Not a well known, or particularly good brand. But it is a Planet Audio single-din head unit with a 3.2inch screen, and plays dvds and other types of multimedia. has Front and Rear USB, Video inputs.

I did bypass the handbrake safety wire for the video playback where it required the handbrake to be applied for it to play videos by grounding it.
    Seriously, what is the point in having it play videos if the parking brake has to be on?
    I know it is to keep the driver from being distracted, but what if the passenger wants to watch something on a long trip?

I will say this, it sounds way better on my cheap Boss speakers than my Basic Pioneer headunit did.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Looks awesome!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Well it's been over a month in the waiting, but my car is finally running again. New front crank seal, new oil pan gasket, slightly used KYB strut/shocks, very used but newly powdercoated FMS springs installed. Felt good to be behind the wheel again! Was tired of laying on my back underneath the dang thing!

Last edited by Prafeston; 07-20-2013, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X