Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc72
    replied
    So who bought it.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    It went to a new home... hate to see it go but too many vehicles. It'll serve the new owner well.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Changed out my dual stage 323 thermostat for a single stage Festiva Stant.
    Can't say it is any better or worse then the 323 dual stage stat. Seems about the same to me.

The cooling systems in these cars are too big for these engines, even in the summer they take allot longer than a car sold today to get to optimum temp while idling.

Leave a comment:

• Larry Hampton
    replied
    Last Saturday, the wife threw a waterpump belt on Blackie. Had to drive 80 miles with a new belt to discover the top of the radiator to be leaking. Limped it home at 50mph stopping occasionally to fill radiator with water.

Luckily I had a new spare, unluckily I didnt have M12x1.25 female flare fittings for a 1/4" line. Bought an aftermarket cooler. Installed the radiator Thursday and the cooler today. Had to pull the front bumper to mount it in front of the condenser.

While I was there I swapped out the windshield fluid reservoir which had a crack in it. I also replaced the wimpy horn with a dual horn I had laying around. I also cleaned the turn signal lenses and housings as the seals leaked dirt into them. I noticed the passenger outer CV boot was shredded, I had a used one I pulled off an axle I replaced. I pulled the outer CV off, packed new moly grease in it and put on the new boot using the old, straightened hardware.

I think the compressor or clutch or both are toast, thats the next task, well, besides getting new 13" tires for those wheels I picked up, gonna mount them on Blackie I think.

Leave a comment:

• Americanclassicg
    replied
    I put air in the front tires. It feels like I have power steering, and 10 more hp.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Installed new front speakers in Trixie. Found 2 very new looking speaker in the doors of a 1991 Miata at the local LKQ that fit perfectly ($3.50 each.)
    The speaker opening in the Miata doors take a larger size speaker but someone had installed the 4 inch ones using an L bracket. Sound much better.
    Last edited by 1990new; 07-26-2013, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    Installed swaybar to chassis & swaybar to LCR bushings. I need a new passenger side chassie bracket.
    I believe the brackets are still on the 93 at the local LKQ. I'll probably go back up this Sunday. If you haven't found one closer to you by Sunday morning, PM me
    and I will get it for you. Souldn't be more than a few dollars and I can mail it the cheapest way if you are in no hurry.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed swaybar to chassis & swaybar to LCR bushings. I need a new passenger side chassie bracket.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    Drove it around. For some reason I'm only getting 20mpg I adjusted timing a little and on top of that my alternator screw is stripped so I through a nut on it and tightened but it seems to keep getting slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Cleaned my B6 head with Dawn Power Dissolver. Man that stuff rocks........:headbang:

Leave a comment:

• ckiesman
    replied
    opened the hood to add more oil.... These leaks are starting to get expensive. cam seal i did a few months ago seems to be leaking. I even have oil down near the dipstick tube/water pump area. Swap time is coming i think..

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
    A heater back exhaust eh!

Must be a west Virginia thing. :wink:
    Haha. Yep, we likes it cold down here. Send the heat right out the tailpipe. Just another radiator to us.
    Last edited by sketchman; 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    Sooooo suddenly while driving it yesterday, my right blinker circuit became one with my headlight circuit? Just driving, the rt indicator will be dimly illuminated, and if I turn on the right blinker, the headlight will blink and occasionally the cluster light will flicker/go out.

WTF??
    Haha, well that's odd!

Leave a comment:

• rmoltis
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisp6 View Post
    Brand new custom exhaust. All new from the heater back! No more pin holes! All new factory hangers! No more tie wire for the original owner! Finally!
    A heater back exhaust eh!

Must be a west Virginia thing. ;-)
    Last edited by rmoltis; 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chrisp6
    replied
    Brand new custom exhaust. All new from the heater back! No more pin holes! All new factory hangers! No more tie wire for the original owner! Finally!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X