Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oren09
    replied
    Picked up my shifter parts from Mazda.

My shifter has never been so TIGHT.
    I have to relearn how to shift now, haha.
    I'm also not chipping 3rd gear anymore.

The shifter bushings were $5 apiece from Mazda, but they seem worth it.
    The bushings on the end of the shifter from Mazda I installed two years ago are still perfect but the ones at the transmission end I bought at NAPA had already broke.

Did some more sanding on my wheels. I've got most of the rust off and old paint removed/scuffed.
    I still have new surface rust from recent storms to remove when I get around to priming.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Hope they tires fit man!

Leave a comment:

• WeDefyU
    replied
    I'm still figuring this stupid iPad out sorry.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Sideways photo of wheel without rubber.

Leave a comment:

• WeDefyU
    replied
    95 Accord EX wheels!
    image.jpg
    Looks like they clear!
    image.jpg
    165/50/15 federal Formoza tires ordered.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WeDefyU; 05-31-2013, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I mangled an Aspire wiring harness yesterday in Niagara Falls. It was fun. I pulled out the exact colors of the larger wire I need. I also took the fuse block and gas filler flap because I need the inner support for my popper. Best of all everything was free! I was the only customer plus the owner took off early for horseshoe night.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-31-2013, 05:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    I <3 auto belts

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    ^Yes, they are, but they might be going right back into the other shell now.

Might be building a whole Festy soon.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    No, drivers side mirror only. This one had hit a deer or somebody and the windshield and right side was wasted. Gonna go back Saturday with Festevil3 and get do some more stripping.
    Wow, our LXs were even more alike. Neither had their passenger mirror!

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    Got started swapping to manual seat belts, and found my floor is rotting out, again. Stuck my finger through and saw the ground.

Now debating whether or not to just swap all the good stuff to my title-less pristine shell and paint it black. Grrr.
    I just finished the manual seat belt swap awhile back. Love it. Those auto belts are annoying!

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Got started swapping to manual seat belts, and found my floor is rotting out, again. Stuck my finger through and saw the ground.

Now debating whether or not to just swap all the good stuff to my title-less pristine shell and paint it black. Grrr.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Nice pull! Sounds just like the 88 LX I scavenged this weekend. Did it have both power mirrors? The one I snagged only had the drivers side...would love to get the other one. I also couldn't find but one of the screws when I got it back to my house. But yeah, the LX I had picked was the same color as your avatar and it had rear wiper, power mirrors, tach cluster, tan interior, split rear...the works!
    No, drivers side mirror only. This one had hit a deer or somebody and the windshield and right side was wasted. Gonna go back Saturday with Festevil3 and get do some more stripping.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    You have to hit and turn (preferably with a diamond coated bit). The install screwdriver (either pneumatic or electric) obviously wasn't calibrated, or perhaps there was only a minimum torque spec. That's why I just take the whole seat bottom.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    The first thing I look for on any LX is for the under seat tray.
    I checked...rails were there...no tray. And I swear those rail screws are impossible to get off. Stripped them again trying to get them out so just left both rails on the seat.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Don't tease me. Post a pic of the wheels. Only my wife is allowed to tease me.

The first thing I look for on any LX is for the under seat tray.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Got my Geo Metro wheels mounted (finally) A tip to all red Festy owners, white metro rims look super snazzy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X