Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Topped off the tank, and figured 33MPG on half a tank.

So from what I have learned, changing to a Denso o2 Sensor, and a two stage thermostat actually made zero difference in gas mileage.

Before I changed both of those, my highest was 36MPG, with a Bosch o2, and a single stage thermostat.

C'mon car, I put a 40MPG sticker on the rear window, are you going to make a liar out of me!?

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Cussed it and threatened to send it to the crusher.. still didn't start. Dang cars...

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    There is a big difference between feedback and non-feedback carbs.
    I prefer non-feedback carbs over FI. Besides the fact that they look cool in pairs. No computer control.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-22-2013, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• valelotax
    replied
    Took the carb. off at school to see why it would loose power when starting to move. It's all back together now and it runs like nothing ever happened. Stupid carb. I love FI a whole lot better than carbs.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Mountain Dew. I love you. I haven't done that in my Festiva yet, since I put in new black carpeting. I will wait with the drinks until I can figure out how to install my Mini Cooper drink holder.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    I dumped a 44 oz Mountain Dew all over (Thank you lack of cup holders) and slammed the front tow hook into a curb during today's delightful commute... GRRR.

Leave a comment:

• shorestiva
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Cursed it... I'm sitting in the middle of the road waiting for my friend to come tow me since it decided to die on my way home. Looks like I'm going to be riding the bike tomorrow.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by shorestiva; 02-22-2013, 02:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I forgot about a distance picture. I'll try to remember tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Tried to move it and the dang thing didn't start. Too much moisture under the hood I think. Might get out the corded light with 100w bulb tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Any lighting upgrade on a Festiva is a good idea (except 9004 HIDs...). Give those fogs a clearcoat if you can. From my experience, they get nasty fast.
    Last edited by crazyrog17; 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    No photo from far off to see how they look as a whole!
    yeah, I would like to see a distance shot of them as well.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    No photo from far off to see how they look as a whole!

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Ok. I have them installed.

Here's a mini write-up. It's quite simple.
    I used the bumper holes where the plastic fasteners go to hold the cover to the metal core.
    If I had smaller lights I could've just mounted them directly to that, but I had to get some L brackets.

The hole:

The lights. Simple cheap ones from Walmart. This is mostly just an experiment to see if I like the look of "fog lights" and if they enhance my county road night driving:

Brackets: I got two sizes. Just in case. Ended up using the larger ones. I found them in the cabinet hardware aisle at Home Depot.

Bolted up:

I bent the bracket to allow clearance for the wires. I have bent them some more to point the lights downward more than in the picture. I will make adjustments tonight.

Last edited by Oren09; 02-21-2013, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Oren, they greatly improve the high beams' ability. It's easy to mount them to the bumper. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and pick up an L bracket for each light. Bolt them to the back of the bumper, and your lights won't vibrate like they will in the plastic of the bumper.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    500 pages.
    In standard view.
    I drove mine today. And bought a set of driving lights. I'm going to play with them and see if they can effectively improve my high beams.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X