Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastivaca
    replied
    Drove it to Medicine Hat.

Sent from somewhere west of here!

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Got the exhaust adjusted and rewelded properly to fit the VJ11 turbo. Spun my tires a million times getting acquainted with a hefty sized turbo.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Took the insurance off it. When I get back from GA this weekend, it starts coming apart and getting treated to a bunch of work I shouldn't be doing on a Festiva. But it's a passion, right?

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    I would guess '91 based on the thin exterior trim.

Congrats, though! Lots of work ahead of you there. :p

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Picked up another one.

My friend Izzy finally sold me hers.
    It's a 90 or 91 L.
    Engine leaks oil from every gasket and blows it out the back. It leaks so bad it fills the alternator with oil and kills the charging system.
    The suspension is worn. The body is rough and ugly.
    I paid $150 for it. For now it's parts. It would take a lot of work to get it back to good.

Here's and album of pictures from when we bought the car and fixed it up for my friend.

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    welded a tube and flange to run an external wastegate on my tubular manifold today. just gotta sort out what happened to my ignition on the MS unit and then everything should be back on the street

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Met another Festiva owner

Met a new Festiva owner today.
    I had just gotten up this morning when someone knocked on my door.
    When I answered a man asked if I could possibly have a brake light socket for his Festiva. I told him I should have one in the shop.
    When he followed me down there and walked in, he said "how much for this one? It looks like a race car." Name your price I want it. My response, "it's not for sale and its street legal".
    But he was happy that I gave him the part to repair his brake light.
    He even mentioned that he might want me to help him upgrade his Festiva which is a 90 automatic. Another happy Festiva owner with working brake lights!

Leave a comment:

• lowrider27
    replied
    just took her to the car wash.... and she looks good lol

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    pulled the entire top off of Skippy yesterday to confirm that #2 has a burnt exhaust valve. was boggled that i found the original HG intact and still looking useable (i won't , but i "could" in a pinch). so now the plan is to warm over this head with some minor port/bowl work and slap a new set of rings in. this might take a while, so lets call this my fall project.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
    The car should smell a whole lot nicer now with this done.
    I thought all Festivas smelled the same? All of mine have had the very distinct Festiva smell...

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Used our carpet/upholstery cleaner and got this out of my rear seats and rear carpeting. The front seats and front carpet had a separate pile of grungy dirt... pretty nasty stuff overall! The car should smell a whole lot nicer now with this done.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Might be able to help you with that if you have a cot, bacon and coffee. Cot optional.
    My opinion of you just went up about 6 notches

Charlie! Epic trip! I am SO jealous!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Thanks, that would be very helpful, but my biggest problem would be taking the 8-9 hour drive out there, then finding a way to get it towed back here.
    I am not sure if the only truck I have access to would be able to make the trip there, let alone towing a car back.
    Might be able to help you with that if you have a cot, bacon and coffee. Cot optional.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    If I find a good body out here in the junkyard I buy cars from, I'll let you know and I can even help you get clean paperwork for it for the cost of two title transfers. (one into my name, then from me to you)
    Thanks, that would be very helpful, but my biggest problem would be taking the 8-9 hour drive out there, then finding a way to get it towed back here.
    I am not sure if the only truck I have access to would be able to make the trip there, let alone towing a car back.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-10-2012, 11:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Yep, drive it till the body rusts off. Which it has already started that long ago, lol.

Sad to say though that I am probably the guy with the most rusty, beat up Festy on this website and still drives it. Mainly since it is my only car. (Sucks being poor.) The damn thing turned into a money pit, paid $400, have around $400-$500 into it, and the damn thing still looks like it is fit for the scrap heap, and more and more problems keep rearing their ugly heads everyday.

I don't know how many more years it is going to be on the road, hoping to fine a non runner with a good body with minimal to no rust for cheap and just swap the motor out of this one.
    If I find a good body out here in the junkyard I buy cars from, I'll let you know and I can even help you get clean paperwork for it for the cost of two title transfers. (one into my name, then from me to you)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X