Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prafeston
    replied
    Was at AutoZone buying some things for my AMC Eagle project and found this high heat paint. Should be a great match for my orange wheels and I'll be doing the oil pan in it when I replace the gasket!

It's called Burnt Copper
    Last edited by Prafeston; 06-06-2013, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    Cranked it up and went inside while it was warming up. Went back out it was over heating and leak water.
    Look and had to kick start radiator fan.
    Dang something else to buy.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by WeDefyU View Post
    That's where I like em!
    +1

Leave a comment:

• WeDefyU
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    ...and a woman on top!
    That's where I like em!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by WeDefyU View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12751[/ATTACH]
    Otherwise this combo fits with no trouble even with two coils removed from springs.
    ...and a woman on top!

Leave a comment:

• WeDefyU
    replied
    image.jpg

95 Honda Accord EX 15x5.5 7 spoke wheels
    165/50/15 Formoza Tires
    Will need a 1/4 inch spacer in rear, lightly grazing the axle.
    Otherwise this combo fits with no trouble even with two coils removed from springs.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    reset the autoadjusters on the brake that was dragging.

Wheel was fine for a bit, now it is dragging again. anyone got any fixes?
    Are all the springs & clips in place? If so try spraying it down with PBblaster or wd40.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Sunday I finally fixed the gas leak in my Festiva. Every time I filled it up I smelled gas till it dropped about a quarter tank. I took off the cover where the filler tube is and found a cut in the small vent tube for the filler tube. I replaced it and no more gas smell. I was hoping it was the filler tube or vent tube. I'm glad it was an easy fix.
    The tank was in great shape. Someone must have replaced it a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    reset the autoadjusters on the brake that was dragging.

Wheel was fine for a bit, now it is dragging again. anyone got any fixes?

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    For the first time since I bought my little auto, I got to put an A/C belt on it (it was missing the tensioner). I would swear I felt cold air!!! Oh yeah.

Getting an A/C repair kit tomorrow. It'd be nice to have the windows up when it's 120 degrees again this summer.

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I also figured out why I feel like I have so little power when climbing hills.

When we had the back end up on jack stands when replacing the tank, with the ebrake off the passenger side rear wheel spun freely, while the driver's side was rock solid. So got to tear that apart tomorrow, and see what's wrong. Auto-adjusters may have incorrectly adjusted themselves, or something got jammed.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-03-2013, 12:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Installed the $100 ebay gas tank, only thing that gave us any trouble was that stupid filler hose.

Until I can fill it up, I won't know if the float got bent at all.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Hehehehehe. Redneck modded my airbox today. Took it out (in the process of attempting to put on a DEALER-INSTALLED A/C belt - AutoZ gave me a stupid factory belt -_-), flipped it over, put it on the concrete, got a large flathead screwdriver and a hammer! 10 holes = 10hp, or so it feels.

Also installed new NGK V-Power plugs and 1990 Mazda Protege DX NGK plug wires.

Feels like a new car.

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    NOW you tell me

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I have lots of OEM shifter bushings left over from Four Green. 50 cents each + shipping.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X