Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movin
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I was looking at my "new" engine and the valve cover appears to be caulked on with clear silicone. May not ever leak again.. haha.

The intake gasket from my Festiva engine is metal- much like the exhaust gaskets. I've never seen one like it before. Can it be reused?
    Let copper coat dry on both sides, Check manifold for flat, many years will make it wavy ; the bolt holes get pulled. Flat file, machine surface, whatever to make the surface flat. Copper coat will work good with metal gaskets and flat surfaces.

I also noted that winterforce tires have zero traction once the walnut shells are worn off and the daytime melt is turning to ice. UPS...hurry!
    Last edited by Movin; 12-17-2012, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Finally getting to paint my spoiler. Hatch to get done in the next couple weeks as well.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I have a drivers side headlight for sale...sounds a lot simplier than trying to continually repair a hole in yours!

Leave a comment:

• bobstad
    replied
    Horrified if a freeze could crack the glass!

I've been giving further thought, by opening the door of my apartment to look at the car's headlights; trying to imagine a good photo shoot, to examine the problem of accumulating water in the driver's side headlight pod. I noticed this only a few days ago, after nearly a decade ago effecting a good repair to an eighth inch size round hole made from a rock or similar. That was an improvised fix following an expense of $20-30 getting a plug installed by a shop also offering windshield crack repairs, which soon fell out. I used clear epoxy which at first wouldn't solidify soon enough to avoid dropping down through the hole; until I managed to use wound thread imaginatively, to create an absorbent dam the epoxy could adhere to while setting. I'm sort of lazy, with an important HUD inspection coming up December 20th to extend my section 8 federal rent subsidy another year; so will get around to some pics after that and a dentist appointment Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied

Finally got some speakers.

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    Replaced the left front spindle on my DD

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I was looking at my "new" engine and the valve cover appears to be caulked on with clear silicone. May not ever leak again.. haha.

The intake gasket from my Festiva engine is metal- much like the exhaust gaskets. I've never seen one like it before. Can it be reused?

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied

Valve cover gasket. That is all I needed to change when I did my aspire engine swap.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Remove the engine from my Aqua car.
    I will never buy another Auto Festiva.

I've pretty much stripped the old engine. I need to locate another hand to help remove the torque converter.
    Then I need to convert the Aspire donor engine to Festiva.

Do y'all have any suggestions for things to check/replace before I drop in the "new" engine? Simple known issues like trouble gaskets. I'll leave the water pump and oil pump alone for now.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Pre-fitted, sanded, & preped the sideskirts for painting. :peach:

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Installed my ebay civic shortshifter, shifts like a dream now. Would have to say cutting that spring was the hardest part, nothing I took to it would cut it. So I just put it in a set of vice grips and took a hacksaw to it.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Took my 88L DD back to the tire shop to tweak the alignment (last night's attempt resulted in a "straight" steering wheel with the car tracking to the left). Today, after the second attempt, it's pretty danged good.

Sweeeet! :thumbs_up:

Learned from the tire shop that a 195 tire fits nicely on a 6.5" wheel. I knew it would fit based on posts I've seen here on ff.com but wasn't sure if the tire would have to be stretched or perhaps if a 6.5" wheel was too narrow for a 195. Nope, they said it should be a good fit. With that then, I'm committed to find 15 x 6.5s wheels and 195-45-15 tires. #1 on my list of tires is the Nexxan N3000.

Also bought a brand new dome light from a Mazda dealer. With a military discount plus shipping to my door it was about $7 cheaper than the same light on e-Bay.

Oh yeah....yesterday a brown front seat/under-dash cubby that I bought on e-Bay arrived in the mail. Pretty nice shape for how old it is.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I found what you need. I dare you to break this one.
    On the bay.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Picked up an engine hoist. Found a coupon for a $130 one from Harbor Freight. I've half assembled it. Still need to finish putting it together then prep my car for engine removal.
    How difficult is it to remove just the engine and leave the auto tranny in the car? On my last engine swap I left the manual tranny in the car and it wasn't that difficult. Took a bit to get the input shaft lined up but not bad overall. I can't get the passenger side axle shaft removed and can't locate a 30MM 6pt 3/4" drive socket in retail stores.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    If you think it brakes better now, just wait until you do the front.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X