Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kellen302
    replied
    Alright, I didn't think that was it, it's rated at 660 Cold Crankers, but it is a wlamart battery. Could a loose negative cable also cause this, mine might need some shimming, as it's tightened all the way, but isn't tight on the post

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    Battery just sounds low. Take it to an autozone or whatever you folks have out west and have it tested. Alt might not be charging it properly or it's just on its way out.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    FINALLY Got the Protege BP out, it took some beatin', cussin' and cuttin'. My friend came over with a compressor and am air chisel. We had to cut some of the subframe out of the way so the 5th gear case would clear on the pullout. then because it's on a slight hill I had to throw a tow strap around the hoist and give it a little tow with the festy to get it clear of the protege.
    In other news... the festy has this issue where on some startups it has a clicking seizure when I turn the key, sounds like a solenoid or relay? once I hold it for a few seconds it starts, but the radio resets so I think it might be a short somewhere? it was too dark to look at it tonight. Any thoughts?
    Thanks heaps

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    it's half torn apart at the moment but there's some goods right there

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    picked up 2 pairs of Rio struts, a B6 head and ex mani, and a GL hatch with defrost and wiper. planning on picking up the knuckles/calipers from the Rios and another set of struts.

still working on trying to free Caety's Aspire's rear struts.... stupid lower bolt.

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    New Toyota COP's added.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    I couldn't get to the phone last night when you were calling. Sorry about that. Running to bed, but hose is cheap. If the leak is near a connection, and it looks like it will still reach if cut, I suppose. The brake booster hose has a check valve in it that you don't want to cut around, or miss replacing.

Madness is for everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Laurel
    replied
    Sunday we soaked the IACV in MMO & last night replaced it & she seems to be doing better. There is another VAC leak, but have a message in to Scitzz to see if hose can be sliced a tad or totally replaced. TY to all that gave their opinion, trying to get this all straight before Madness because that is reserved for out of towners & peeps that get issues on the way in.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Got my no spark issue fixed. Closed up all the vacuum leaks. Still bogging down

Here is a first look at my "running mock up."

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• junspeed
    replied
    Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
    Looks very nice Jun!
    Hey thanks

Leave a comment:

• Skrapbob
    replied
    Looks very nice Jun!

Leave a comment:

• junspeed
    replied
    Finished repainting my meshed wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I rolled 90,000 miles yesterday. Kind of a sad event. I've put over 30,000 miles on this car in the past 17 months.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Attempted to pull the BP out of the protege today. No luck, due to the collision there's about a half inch of subframe hanging over the 5th gear cover and I can't fit the cutoff wheel down there to open it up. My friend's coming back tomorrow with a compressor and an air chisel...

Leave a comment:

• sam.1956
    replied
    Replaced the coolant bypass hose (under the thermostat housing). Hose had a pinhole that was liberally coating everything with antifreeze and an aneurysm that was about to blow at any moment.

Then had to troubleshoot a no-start issue. Disty rotor contact was completely toasted. Decided to replace disty cap, rotor & plug wires while I was at it. Major improvement of course -- as in, she starts IMMEDIATELY now! No more bucking & lugging when pulling out from stoplights either.
    Last edited by sam.1956; 08-27-2012, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X