Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flw Sock
    replied
    After like 9 months of owning my Festiva, I finally found out what was wrong with the stereo system. It would always short out, and it was really quiet. I found it was a bad ground. Thank god. It was really boring driving in the night time with no radio...

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Made an offer on some tan/brown interior trim parts.

Ain't easy stuff to find, especially in decent condition....

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    I'm excited to see this too! I once got creative with an ice scraper and clothesline tied to the brake pedal. I needed to see my new LED brake lights myself!

Leave a comment:

• Skrapbob
    replied
    I will video it and do a write up as soon as I can get someone to run the brakes for me :-)

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
    Installed a red LED bulb in the third brake along with a this flasher: http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...odule/195/845/

I am paranoid of large vehicles behind me!
    Hey, could you video that? I might do that to my wife's car!

Leave a comment:

• Skrapbob
    replied
    Installed a red LED bulb in the third brake along with a this flasher: http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...odule/195/845/

I am paranoid of large vehicles behind me!

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
    No thanks to that buggernuts who bought your spare tranny not two months before the one in your car gave up the ghost hey?
    We've had a good laugh about that! I think I even remember saying "watch, my transmission will blow up in a couple of weeks" when you picked it up! Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    No thanks to that buggernuts who bought your spare tranny not two months before the one in your car gave up the ghost hey?

(worst part is my car is still on jackstands in Airdrie... so far I've literally got more use out of the Nintendo you sold me than the car parts)
    Last edited by Tommychu; 12-22-2012, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied

Drove my Festiva for he first time in five weeks!!!!

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Lol... I sold a Cell phone this morning on the local classifieds this morning. The lady was turning off her current service before meeting me, and she said: "How will I know what car is yours?" I had to smile as I said, "I'll be the only white ford festiva with a Racing Stripe, and green wheels there..."

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Drill and extract time. When I encounter something like that, I immediately switch to my 3/4 inch eBay breaker bar with fluted impact sockets and apply a little heat to the surrounding surface. Then I proceed to snap the head off the bolt if it doesn't want to come peacefully..
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-21-2012, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I bought an impact wrench to get the stupid torque converter bolts off my old engine. No amount of leverage or persons could budge them.
    I succeeded in removing three of four. The forth bolt is now completely round. It was slightly damaged from a socket wrench coming off it, then the impact spun on it. And my gator grip socket chewed it up.

So.... If I can't get the bolt out, I have no torque converter for my new engine. I freaking hate automatics!
    At this rate I'm going to put the new engine in my crappy parts car and scrap the GL auto.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    got Skippy, my GL project running (the one i've been doing the head work to).
    Is that the one you are going to do what I think you are going to do?

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    got Skippy, my GL project running (the one i've been doing the head work to).

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied

It was. Everyone seems to want to go grey with their interiors. I'm actually growing to like the beige interior, after what I saw with Rakfint's Honda.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X