Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twistiva
    replied
    .....and today I dropped it off at the body shop to straighten it out. Should be done tomorrow!

Also went to see my other Festiva, an 88LX I'm debating about changing from parts car status to DD for my youngest son, and patched a hole in the tarp over the rear hatch window (broken out long ago by previous owner) to keep the rain and snow out of it this winter.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Drove to a well-respected collision repair business today in my town and talked with the owner about repairing/straightening my Festiva from a 3-5 mph head-on collision with a curb over 10 years ago.

Actually, I learned today that Festivas (and most "modern" cars....of which, in this case, Festivas qualify as "modern") don't have a solid frame down below. The shop owner told me most cars today have what is called a "uni-body" in which the body/foundation of the car is made up of various sub-floor parts that are just bolted together. (Hopefully I got that right.) Heavier vehicles like trucks have an actual "chassis" but most vehicles today do not.

About 4 hrs of loosening some of the uni-body parts and then re-aligning them and an acutal wheel alignment and, presto!, the left side door panel shouldn't be hitting the rear part of the left front fender anymore.

Taking it in and dropping it off tomorrow....banana time
    Last edited by Twistiva; 12-11-2012, 01:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    looks good

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    I got started on my aspire swap

I fought the bolts and brake lines all the way. I still have to get two lower strut bolts and one brake line to complete the swap.

I put a fresh coat of black paint on everything

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    Finished connecting header to the rest of the exhaust. Took it for a test drive on the interstate, top end is greatly inproved,can't tell much difference in the low end, maybe a little boost in exceleration. Took an 360 exit ramp at a fast rate, front end much stiffer, now I need to replace swaybar bushings. already have then just need to install.nthego:
    Now the fun begins! Hey, Gary I uhh have a couple b6ts laying around just saying. Maybe you want some more top end or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Finished connecting header to the rest of the exhaust. Took it for a test drive on the interstate, top end is greatly inproved,can't tell much difference in the low end, maybe a little boost in exceleration. Took an 360 exit ramp at a fast rate, front end much stiffer, now I need to replace swaybar bushings. already have then just need to install.nthego:

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Found that my rear rocker panels are composed of some fancy expando-foam and bondo....reconstruction is starting...pics to come.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
    what manual are you using? i pulled one dash, it went together but we had extra parts after words lol. i wish i had a manual to tell you what to pull. the bolts under the windshield where a PITA!!
    I have the factory 1990 festiva shop manual. It would have been much harder without it. I didn't remove the steering wheel but I did have to lower the column to where the wheel rested on the seat. I have the core on order from O'Reilly. It's a real bite at just under a $100 but I sure don't want to go thru this exercise again with a used or repaired core. I'm taking this opportunity to lubricate the blower motor.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Tightened up the alt belt I had put on a few days ago, it loosened up and was squealing like a banshee.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Festevil? Did that Festy used to have a CB antenna or something?
    It sure looks like one was there. Man, there are a million better ways to have done that...

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Festevil? Did that Festy used to have a CB antenna or something?

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    ^^ Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• Festevil3
    replied
    I installed a new clutch cable and alt. belt on my new DD

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed my header, still have to tie it in with the rest of the exhaust system.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Brake cylinder is still leaking......Why, I have no damn clue, I put all new parts on it.

Will look into it later, but put a new v-belt on, yay no more annoying squeak. All it cost me was the crap battery that came with the car.
    The brake cylinder actually wasn't leaking, was just
    some left over fluid that didn't get completely cleaned out of the drum. Walked out this morning and it was bone dry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X